Language or Spam blocking

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

I am constantly getting comments flagged as spam or having bad language when I try and submit them. The only common factor I have seen so far is that this tends to happen when I copy paste something into the field. On one answer, I had to change a line to be block quoted instead of code quoted. On another I had to remove an image.  The error message is also pretty useless in terms of helping us understand what is actually wrong, and what we need to change.

24 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 11, 2017

Thanks to your reports, the post rejection error was identified as a problem with <p> markup that snuck in when we fixed the previous round of markup errors. A fix has been pushed to production and the logs are looking good.

Please let us know if this seems improved for you, @Arthur Mack, @Boris Berenberg [Atlas Authority], @Jack Brickey, and everyone else who has been facing this issue!

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

Fast and determined clicking beats the bot!

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 11, 2017

@Arthur Mack well that shows that it's intermittent, I guess? How frustrating! I am so sorry!!

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2017

Ahhh I got so mad I clicked 5 times and then it posted!!!!

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2017

I cannt even attach a screen shot of the error I get when I try and answer a question in PLAIN TEXT

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2017

I had text before the screenshot. I had to submit, get an HTML error, it "fixes" it, then submit again and it works (sometimes). See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-discussions/New-logo-in-emails-is-huge/td-p/638113 where it happened.

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 11, 2017

@Boris Berenberg [Atlas Authority] there is a known issue with screenshots -- you need to make sure to include text before the screenshot.  If you try including it after, it will throw an error. This is affecting discussion posts only (not Q&A).  Is that what you're running into, or something different?

@Arthur Mack I completely understand that sentiment! Hoping to have an update soon. Thanks for reporting on our ticket; it helps. 

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2017

I would much rather put up with a bit of spam and the odd bad word than not being able to post anything. Or typing out a well thought out reply only to have it flagged.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2017

I had the same issue happen just now with nothing more than a couple of words and a screenshot.

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2017

No I typed at all myself and there were no  at mentions, no bad words, nothing that could be contrued as spam. 

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 11, 2017

@Arthur Mack I'm so sorry, this has been frustrating for a lot of users and we've been working to try and diagnose this. Can you tell me what you were trying to post? Were you cutting and pasting it from somewhere else? Did it contain an @ mention?

You can also report here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/COMMUNITY-59

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2017

I found this thread as every time I try and answer a question I get told its spam which it is not. It makes using Atlassian community a real pain. I also tried to ask a question and it said it had HTML in it when it did not. 

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2017

Thanks for the feedback, I haven't had any issues today, but lets monitor it for a bit and see :D

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 31, 2017

There have been some back-end improvements made here -- has this gotten any better for you?

0 votes
pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

@MattS - i'm pretty sure we cut "telepathy" from the final feature set for episode 8.  Delivery issues.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2017

I'm bad with numbers, especially when Otto has been buying beer or someone has whiskey/wiskey/whisky ;-)

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2017

No, I heard that was JIRA 9. You not getting the roadmaps? ;)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2017

Bother, I thought the big thing in JIRA 8 was going to be Otto's idea of converting Confluence into the third JIRA application...

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2017

Telepathy - the big new feature for JIRA 8

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2017

Happy to get such great feedback from others on this. I was worried it really was a case of it knowning what I was thinking :p

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2017

But seriously, it's very annoying for the simplest text, usually with a URL. I've commented on the ticket

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2017

Boris, it's reading your mind, not what you wrote!

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2017

Did not know there was a COMMUNITY project on JAC. Thanks for that <3. Steal away.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2017

That's a really good description of that annoyance, so I stole it for https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/COMMUNITY/issues/COMMUNITY-59 - I hope you don't mind!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events