Happy two-year anniversary, Atlassian Community!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 3, 2019

raeVNHxo.png

Can you believe it's been two years already? Just trying to think about highlights from the past year has me feeling overwhelmed. Do we try to put numbers to it? Do we give out a badge for it? Do we talk about everything we've launched and released, the magic moments we've had, all our new groups, the amazing three-things series? All the fun Fridays and the miscellaneous Mondays? Or the fact that next week, so many of us will be celebrating in person at Summit?

What I want to say most of all is that as much as we all love technology, any community is, at its heart, made up of the people in it. I've made true friends here, and every day I see the passion that you have for Atlassian products and for helping each other, both in person and online. This is a fun, uplifting, collegial, remarkable place, and I thank you all for being a part of it. 

I think in true community spirit, I leave the rest up to you. What do you want to share today, on our two year anniversary? 

16 comments

Comment

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

Happy Anniversary Community!  For those who were around 2 years ago for the pilot...WOW... you've come a long way baby!

Keep up the good work

Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2019

In the last year, I've personally made the shift from Atlassian Customer to Atlassian Team. It's been eye-opening to see the level of effort many Champions and Community members pour in to answering questions and helping others get the most out of how they do work. While the platform continues to grow and improve every year, I'm happy to see that what makes up the Community itself, the folks getting together to talk and share, have grown in numbers without losing what makes this place feel so much like home.

Welcome to all the new faces this year and looking forward to all the great conversations we're going to have! And for those that have been here since the beginning, thank you so much for helping make this Community wonderful and sticking with us for years to come!

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

You have been an awesome addition to the team! Thanks for keeping things real and transparent.

Have you been working on that Google Chrome extension...? 😉

Carolyn

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2019

This time of year marks the anniversary of me starting work at an Atlassian Solution Partner. Celebrations all around!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 3, 2019

Happy Kativersary!

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

One thing that really blew my mind was learning at Summit Barcelona how big of an impact Community has been making in the last 2 years. Then, just last month, I enjoyed visually assessing the growth through all these statistics and infographics in the 2018 year in review post. Many of us are just heads down logging into community when we have a few minutes during the day. I appreciate that you draw attention to the moments where we can reflect and celebrate our community efforts together! Can you mail each of us a cake? (I'll take brownies actually thank you!) @Monique vdB 

Like # people like this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

I second the brownies!

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

How about Cupcakes?  I made these for the Columbus Ohio AUG-IVERSARY.  
I bet there's a pro baker could improve on my attempts :)

2019-03-12 09.18.15.jpg

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

These are gorgeous!! 🧁 💕

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

2 years already! This community has provided me with so much knowledge, and has been a great voice for the Atlassian Community to ask/share/chat with each other. Happy Anniversary!

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

Happy Anniversary Community!

I came to the community in April 2018, and it has been almost a year since today. This year I won the badge of the community champion and received gifts from the community.

1,034 total posts,133 accepted answers,38 Badges ,These numbers represent the harvest of my past year.

Keep up the good work!

u=3831477168,2498522693&fm=26&gp=0.jpg

Like # people like this
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

Two years?  Already?  How..Where...What?  :)

Honestly it has been absolutely amazing!  While I haven't been nearly so active as many of you in the general areas, I have been so very happy at what this space has brought to my User Group.  I love having a place were I can connect with my members outside of our meeting and have a place to direct them to when they have product questions that are outside of my expertise.  It has been immensely beneficial to all.

Thank you to the Community Team for all the work you have put in to make this a really fantastic, user driven Community.

Thank you to all of the Champions and fellow AUG Community Group Admins.  We couldn't have this awesome space without all of you.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

2 years WOW! that is so cool. We are going to have to have a two year anniversary party at Summit for sure. We need to Feature the very first post @Monique vdB which I assume was the announcement?

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

Happy 2nd Anniversary to all Community members ! This is cool !

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Wow! Two years. Well, then a very merry un-un-birthday to you Atlassian Community. The Community site has gone leaps and bounds beyond the previous incarnations and I count it a privilege to help contribute.

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2019

Happy 2 year Anniversary everyone! So grateful to be part of this amazing community :)

Like # people like this
Justin April 5, 2019

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I remember the kick-off meetings in SF, amazing to see where this has come.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2019

I am beyond thrilled to be a part of something so magical. Here's to many more! 🌞

Like # people like this
chris.puchala April 9, 2019

It feels like 10 years for me.

pb April 10, 2019

Adding my congratulations to those of all here!  Wishing everyone the best and here’s to the future!

-Philippe

Like # people like this
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 11, 2019

Going to 3+ million active users in 2 years is really impressive. Keep up the good work guys! I'm proud to be contributing to such an amazing Community :)

Like Erica Moss likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events