It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Accessibility Issue in Confluence Server Inline Comment AJS Dialog aria-hidden=true

I tried to raise this as a bug with Atlassian in Jira as it seemed to allow me to create issues however when I hit the create button after having filled in all the fields I got the error 'User 'paul981668836' doesn't have the 'Assign Issues' permission.

I would have expected the create button to be hidden if I am not allowed to create bugs.

The problem I was trying to report was with inline comments in Confluence. The keyboard shortcuts popup has the attribute aria-hidden=true. If a visually impaired user has clicked this link then they would expect the keyboard shortcut information, setting aria-hidden to true hides it.

The default behaviour for AJS dialogs is to hide dialog contents from screen readers which caused us a problem in our plugins as we have to explicitly set aria-hidden to false. This default behaviour to hide dialog contents from screen readers is wrong and needs switching round.

Please could you look at this Atlassian?

0 comments

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Feedback & Announcements

High-fives all around!

In this post, we’re celebrating users who have gotten five accepted answers on the Atlassian Community. These folks are not only fabulous and helpful humans, they are our future Community Leaders! ...

678 views 47 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you