Your at-TEN-tion, please: A big milestone for Jimmy Seddon

Our latest inductee into the Level 10 Hall of Fame earned this achievement in the same week he was dubbed Leaders' Choice by his peers at Team '21, which should tell you a lot about this person and his contributions to the Atlassian Community. Meet @Jimmy Seddon!

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 12.33.43 PM.png

For Jimmy, visiting the online Community had become a part of daily routine before he officially joined us as a Leader in July 2019. “I really enjoy being able to communicate and connect with fellow admins, as there isn't anyone in my office with the Atlassian product knowledge to bounce ideas off,” he said in his application, “And the Community has so many friendly and intelligent people that I want to continue to be a part of that.”

He quickly established a reputation for being an incredible cheerleader and helper among his fellow Leaders, earning a Random Acts of Community badge and finding his footing as an author by sharing his remote work experiences, using Trello for his charity work, and much more. (You’ve likely seen his name atop many of the Atlassian Authors monthly leaderboards as a result.)

He penned 18 articles in 2020 alone, drawing 1,062 page views, and boasts 74 badges earned.

Never one to rest on his laurels, you’ve also likely seen his work as a:

• Group moderator and general cheerleader for the Welcome Center

• Curator of the best links across our online Community, which you can find in his monthly round-ups

• Member of our Community Advisory Board, helping to improve the experience for the group at large

• Certification study group leader, helping other Atlassian users reach their full potential

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.58.07 AM.png

If you ask his peers what it’s like to have Jimmy as part of the Leader crew, they are quick to share his accolades and accomplishments:

“He gives off such a positive energy and seeing what he does outside the Community is truly inspiring. He goes above and beyond to help others and make them feel as part of the Community!" — @Andrew Kendris 

“Jimmy is a special kind of human being. If you ask me is it possible to create a long-lasting friendship with people you haven't met other than remote, I would answer, "Well… Jimmy." Always there to give a helping hand, warmly welcome, help with technical difficulties, or give a virtual hug, Jimmy is part of the force that turns the world into a better place!” — @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ 

"Jimmy is so positive to everyone in the Community. He goes above and beyond to welcome people, and always posts an encouraging gif on the '5 answers' posts." — @Liam Green 

"Jimmy is doing so much for the Community & Leaders and is always there for help! He is some sort of community superhero, sneaking up everywhere, wherever he is needed, always the right words in his nice calm way. And over all of this he is making the Extra Life Session for children.  ” — @Fabienne Gerhard 

“'You are the Leader I strive to be like' was Jimmy's praise to me over a year ago... boy, how that guy has left me eating nothing but dust since then. He became like me and then went beyond! Whilst I still maintain the same energy levels and engagement in the Community, nowadays it suddenly feels like Jimmy IS the Community! Connecting, communicating, engaging, knowledge sharing, stimulating... if there is a way to make Community a better place for all, then Jimmy is the one achieving it. He took the bar and raised it BEYOND REACH! Mark my words: he'll be the first to Level 11!” — @Andy - PTC Redundant 

"So why Jimmy, then? In the short time we are on the CAB together, I started to appreciate his expertise and engagement, spiced up with an interesting combination of a certain seriousness at first sight, but with a lot of good humour and spirit underneath. Something I really would like to highlight is his engagement as the group leader of the Welcome Center, which is an incredibly important centerpiece in welcoming new members to the Community. And looking at the mind blowing number of new members in 2020, I am sure that this really contributes to that. I take my hat off for the Welcome Wednesday posts that keep the momentum going there." — @Walter Buggenhout 

“Always trying to help, welcoming new Community members, writing awesome posts and his charity gaming session show — what a beautiful soul he is.” — @nina_schmidt 

The Community team thinks he’s pretty okay, too. 😉

“As the self-appointed president of the Jimmy Fan Club, it has been a true pleasure to watch him evolve from his first day as a Leader into a person who has really stepped into his own and become a confident, productive, and revered member of the Leader family. The sky is truly the limit, and I am so excited to see what he does next!” — @Erica Moss 

“Jimmy emulates everything we love to see in an Atlassian Community Leader. His motives are selfless, his passion and drive are contagious, and he continuously finds new ways to contribute. I was not surprised at all to see him nominated for the Leader’s Choice award, as I know he is loved by all of his peers just as much as he is loved by our team.” — @Stephanie Grice 

“I am blown away by Jimmy’s contribution to the Community. He really does it all — writes awesome articles, shares his experience freely, and makes newcomers feel welcomed. I’ve also watched him grow in confidence over the past year or so, and his progress makes me feel overwhelmingly proud. When Jimmy won the Leader’s Choice Award at Team ‘21, I literally cried — that’s how much I care about him!” — @Bridget Sauer 

Such a well-deserved milestone, so congrats, Jimmy! Let’s share our love in the comments.

19 comments

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon is da man!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 7, 2021

There's no way I'm not starting off with a GIF:

jimmy.gif

In addition to all of the above, Jimmy also helps manage Friday Fun and as Liam mentioned, is always the first one to offer a celebratory gif to our high-fivees! He's my right-hand man, an amazing contributor, an all-around awesome guy.  We love you Jimmy!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

The man, the myth, the Jimmy!

giphy

Well deserved Mr. Seddon!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Wohoo 👏👏👏

BFD3F116-2F49-4613-82EC-27F24959C8F9.jpeg

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
May 7, 2021

Nice job!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Thank you everyone! 

These are some EXTREMELY kind words and I'm very moved by them!

Ever since I joined the Community, it has been a very welcoming and nurturing place.  I have felt like it's a second home.  I'm not sure what I would do without everyone here at this point.

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

Congrats Jimmy!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Aww yisssss!

jluo-aww-yiss.gif

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

This is awesome and so well deserved, Jimmy. Welcome to the club! 
It’s always a pleasure reading your posts and articles and I’m so happy to have you here in our community! 

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

@Dave Liao That may be my new favorite gif.

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 7, 2021

ijgopeopjz.gif

SO good and kind and thoughtful and constructive and uplifting. Congratulations Jimmy, so proud of you heart

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

@Erica Moss - it's the best GIF. Fun fact: I know who made it, too - met her at a past Atlassian Summit years ago, actually!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Wow, that's huge! Congrats, @Jimmy Seddon

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2021

Congratulations!

giphy

Like # people like this
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2021

Congrats, @Jimmy Seddon!

You truly deserve the level 10 - and the award. I couldn't express my excitement better than Fabian in the screenshot above.

giphy

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon

You are a Rockstar. Keep up the same enthusiasm and keep posting :)

Like # people like this
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

Congratulations @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2021
Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon  You're super-duper positive hero!

Writing note showing Well Done. Business concept for Good Job Great Results  Positive Evaluation Stock Photo - Alamy

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events