We’re improving Search and would love your inputs to shape it.

Hey Atlassian Community,

My name is Vidhu Sharma, and I am the Product Manager for Search in the Cloud platform team. One of my team's top priority is to make search powerful yet intuitive. Over the next few months, we are embarking on a journey to improve search where it matters. As users of Atlassian products (sometimes more than just one), it becomes imperative to be working with these tools and searching content that resides therein—being able to make sense of it all, while moving work ahead.

We would like to invite you to participate in our Early Access Program (EAP) & be part of early research and provide us with valuable feedback to improve search. By doing so, you help shape the future of Atlassian product capabilities.

If you're interested and would like to participate, please sign up here: https://surveys.atlassian.com/jfe/form/SV_6XpkNZ9pBcbuU8l

We intend to send an in-product notification once we plan to roll out the changes to the broader customer base.

We strongly believe this search experience will make it easier to complete your day to day tasks and help stay on top of work. 

Thank you.

11 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

Thanks for the opportunity!!

Like # people like this
Lara Bailey June 4, 2020

Please, please, please fix the search so you can have wildcards at the beginning of a term, and not just at the beginning!

Even better, allow wildcards anywhere in the search term, or implement regex :)

Like # people like this
Shyam June 6, 2020

Excited!

Like # people like this
FRANCIS RAJAN June 19, 2020

I'm happy in joining your Team and hope my association with you would be of use to

you and me.

Happy wishes for a long progress 

Thanks & regards

Francis Rajan 

Like # people like this
tay zar June 21, 2020

Thanks

Like # people like this
Ran Lavi June 23, 2020

The most important features that are missing currently in Confluence search:

1. Ability for users to mark specific pages as "important" (using a numeric value, "importance" from 1 to 10), so those pages are boosted in the search results. This ability should be given based on new permission, so that not every user will have this permission.

2. Ability for user to give feedback about the search results and if they were useful. For example, if a user searches for something and clicks on one of the results, Confluence will ask him if this search result was useful for him and remember this. Later on, the pages that were marked as most useful will appear higher in the future search results (they will be boosted).

3. Ability to have analytics about search: what are the top most search terms, who searches what and when, how many search results were useful, etc. EazyBI for Confluence has this, but this should be native capability.

Like # people like this
Tamara Schacham June 23, 2020

This opportunity only seems to be available for Cloud clients.  The Data Center version needs improvements as well.

No being able to search for articles by inactive users is a very big limitation in the product.

Like # people like this
Colin McDermott_GLiNTECH June 23, 2020

Recent history needs to be improved. So often I will be looking for a page I accessed Yesterday and cannot find it. 

Starring pages for all users. I.e. if I have a password reset policy that has been just implemented, I would want that to come to the front. 

Keyword tagging. PLEASE. When I have a page on Insight and it does not come up on a search it is painful. 

Like # people like this
jehf June 24, 2020

Example: Search result is a fitting document that is embedded in a confluence page. The search term is inside the pdf document - that's a welcome result. Now I try to find the document's location. 1st issue: the location cannot be displayed from the search tool dialog directly (I can only copy / past and shorten the link manually) / 2nd issue: a search for the embedded document's file name (that is displayed as a search result) gives "no result"! Very strange.

Like Mandy Ross likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

Allow wildcard searches for versions, like the on-prem versions of Jira allow? 🙏

Charlie Gallagher August 7, 2020

Maybe not the correct place to mention this but could we have some filtering of questions as some simply require a little bit of thought by the questionnaire or by opening and reading a textbook?  

Like Dave Liao likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events