We’re changing how we manage feature suggestions

Hi Atlassian Community!

We’re posting a quick article to explain our new process for managing product feature suggestions. This is something we have been planning for a while but has been accelerated in response to recent violations of our Acceptable Use Policy.

What's changing?

From April 12, 2023, we’re removing the ability to create feature suggestions in jira.atlassian.com (JAC) for all Cloud products.

Instead, Atlassian Support Engineers will create or link to existing feature suggestions on your behalf (as they already do for bugs) on JAC.

How you can make feature suggestions

Customer feedback is crucial to everything we do at Atlassian, and we still want to hear from you. To provide feedback or a feature suggestion, you can:

• use the “give feedback” options in our products, either from the help menu or via special feedback buttons for new features; or

• open a support ticket via the Atlassian Support portal (if you are a product administrator).

We monitor the feedback in these channels and will create Suggestion issues in the relevant JAC project where you can watch, vote, and comment.

Learn more about our plans and the latest changes on our Cloud Roadmap or share your feedback with the Atlassian Community.

Why we're doing this

Triaging and managing customer feedback in this way makes it easier to analyze and prioritize feature suggestions, identify themes, and work efficiently with product teams to act on the feedback.

This is just one step forward in Atlassian’s customer feedback journey and will help us focus attention on impactful feedback we want to explore further.

6 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Cool!  Thanks for the information @Rebecca Smith!  I'm assuming this will give you all better control of the number of duplicates/clean up that needs to happen in JAC.

Can we also assume that this will result in more frequent and consistent communication being delivered on the items in JAC in the future as well?

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

@Rebecca Smith thanks for this update. I'm not clear though whether JAC will still be visible but in read-only mode to Community members, or whether JAC will be Atlassian access only. If it will still be visible, will voting for features/requests still be enabled? I'm trying to understand the downstream ramifications for this change, any more detail you can provide would be appreciated.

Like # people like this
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

I think using Atlassian support to gate new tickets into jira.atlassian.com is fine, but as mentioned above, I'd like to still be able to vote, watch, and comment.  

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

What @John Price said! ☝️

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

Definitely what @John Price said :-)!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2023

Thanks for sharing this update @Rebecca Smith

What I'm about concerned about is:

We monitor the feedback in these channels and will create Suggestion issues in the relevant JAC project where you can watch, vote, and comment.

I just hope that your initial triage will not result in filtering or even censoring just to reduce the "flood" of incoming suggestions or feature requests.

Please remain transparant about the voice of the customer.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events