Recap: How to become an Atlassian Community Leader webinar (October 2020)

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 12.52.09 PM.png

Thank you to everyone who joined us for the how to become an Atlassian Community Leader webinar! Even if you weren’t able to attend, as long as you registered, you’ll be receiving a recording of our session.

Here are a few high-level details from the webinar:

• This program is aimed at working professionals who have been using Atlassian products for 2+ years, and who have a desire to invest in and shape the future of our products and our Community.

• Leaders can contribute online, as part of our events program, or both!

• For an online candidate, we need to see at least three months' worth of consistent activity at community.atlassian.com, with a healthy amount of accepted answers. On the events side, it’s a helpful if a candidate has attended an Atlassian Community Event to get an idea of what we expect, and has a strong point of view about future sessions they’d like to host.

• Once a candidate is accepted into the program, we ask that they maintain activity thresholds: 200 points per quarter for online Leaders (earned by answering questions, getting accepted solutions, and writing articles) and four events hosted per year for events Leaders (virtual or in-person). We also appreciate a consistent level of engagement with the Community team, our internal teams, and their fellow Community Leaders.

• It can take 2-4 weeks from application submission to when the decision is shared with a candidate — online Leaders need to pass a review of their activity via the Support team, and events Leaders need to answer additional questions and join a video call with a Community Manager.

• Perks for Leaders include a dedicated Community Manager, access to a Leaders Slack and other resources like workshops and trainings, a free demo instance of our Cloud products, exclusive swag, free vouchers for certification exams and badges, Trello Business Class, invitation to Community Day and VIP dinner at future in-person Team events (formerly called Summit), a free ticket and companion pass to an Atlassian event of their choice, as well as new perks to be unveiled soon.

• If you’re ready to step up, apply at community.atlassian.com/leaders. Be sure to mention that you attended the webinar or watched the recording, and share a few things about yourself that have nothing to do with Atlassian — we want to know who you are as a person!

• If you haven’t quite checked all of these boxes, no worries! You can dive in and start answering questions online, or attend one of the many virtual Community events that are happening every week.

• If you have questions in the interim, please email communitymanagers@atlassian.com.

Stay awesome!

7 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

Can confirm, this was an amazing time and full of lots of good info!! :) 

Like # people like this
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

Thank you so much for the very helpful information!

Like # people like this
Matt Lane October 14, 2020

Really grateful that recordings are made available, given many of us are in difficult time zones. Thank you so much A-team!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Loved this webinar and this little run down is a great reminder too!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2020

I have missed the webinar and can't find the recording too. can somebody help me to find the recording of the webinar?

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2020

@Monika Rani Hey, Monica! Did you register for the webinar? If so, you'll be receiving a follow-up email with the recording. 😄

John Ariel Patricio March 5, 2024

What should I do about this game I want to see if I am able to apache why they send it to here? I don't know actually about this site I want to quit. Because my job duties is affected 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events