Random Acts of September

Welcome to another edition of Random Acts of Community, where we celebrate all the small and big random things that help make our community a fabulous place to be.

Random_acts_of_community_2x.png

Our first award goes to @Pushpkant Garg, a Community Leader who was signaled out for his activity in the Atlassian Jira Facebook group! This group has over 8,000 members, and Pushpkant takes the time to help them with their Jira questions. Thank you, Pushpkant!  

The second award should perhaps be called a Serendipitous Act of Community. This user actually asked me about the badge at the same time that he himself was being nominated for it. Spooky, no?

As for the nomination, @Jimmy Seddon  reached out to say that our winner has been "really shining through in the last month just with the right positive energy and the spirit of what the community is about." Congratulations @Liam Green! We're so thrilled you're here and a special badge is the least we can do.

Our third award goes to @Miles Petty for being an amazing supporter of the Rotterdam ACE. ACE leader @Andy - PTC Redundant describes Miles as someone whose kindness "is acted out quite randomly and often." 

Andy especially wanted to shoutout the time Miles "stayed behind after an awesome [in-person] Trello event helping to clean up and sort out even though he had the furthest distance to travel home, it was mid-December (winter, cold, dark) and really late!" Thank you Miles and veel bedankt!

Since it's been awhile, I'm going to throw in another award because why not. There are no rules to Randomness! This award goes to @Deepanshu Natani for his amazing article: The art of writing good requirements.  This was the top article on our kudos leaderboard this month! The first comment, by @Raymond Fung  also added a lot of value to the discussion, which is why he deserves and is getting this badge too! This is definitely a share-worthy article and a great discussion too. 

That's all for this time around! Now keep your eyes out this month, and send your nominees for the next month over to communitymanagers@atlassian.com. Cheers!

13 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2020

Congratulations Everyone!  These are very well deserved!  Thank you for making such a positive impact in the Community!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

So many great humans to celebrate! Well done, y'all. 😄

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2020

congrats!

Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 1, 2020

Congratulations everyone! Keep doing what you do! ✨✨✨

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

Congratulations to everyone! Well Done! 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon Thank you for the nomination!  I really appreciate it.  I've said on a couple of posts that I was a lurker on the community for a while, but making that decision to get more involved has really helped me.  I've learnt so much about Jira in the last couple of months, mainly from getting involved in the community.

@Monique vdB How strange that I was asking at the same time - but thank you for the badge - cloudie next (hopefully!)

Congrats to all my fellow winners!

Like # people like this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2020

Great stuff! Congrats everyone! 🙌🏻

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2020

Wow!! Thank you @Monique vdB . This is really an amazing surprise :-)

And congratulations to all the winners.

Like # people like this
Raymond Fung October 5, 2020

Thank you!!! Unexpected ! @Monique vdB 

such a great drive to collaborate more in the community

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2020

Congratulation to each of you for epitomizing what this community is all about!

Like # people like this
michael.kimathi
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

Congratulations to the winners. You make the community what it is “the best”.

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2020

Congrats 👏👏👏

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2020

Good work, all!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events