Random Acts of October

I love Random Acts of Community, don't you? Happy little moments of kindness, randomness, and community-building that are worth celebrating.

RAC.png

For our first October award, I took a peek into the all-knowing dashboard to see if I could find someone to celebrate for how much they've been reading! And I found new user @Pinelopi Paraskevopoulou, who joined in October but has signed in 50 times and read more posts than any other new user. Welcome to the community, Pinelopi!

Our next user was nominated for his article COVID World - 7-ish months in, which was shared here on the community and signal-boosted by John Bredehoft on his blog. It hugely resonated with people and if you haven't read it yet, please go give it a read. Thank you, @Mike Rathwell

@nina_schmidt not only nominated Mike, but also nominated @Esther Strom When Esther heard that Nina had never tasted candy corn, she put together an amazing candy care package for her!  

candy dandy.jpg

And of course, not to be outdone, Nina sent one back!

image (16).png

Both of these Community Leaders are getting the badge, but I think the real prize is  candy the friends we made along the way.  Nina and Esther, you two are such amazing examples of the community spirit! 

Have you seen a Random Act of Community worth celebrating, big or small? Send your nominations over to communitymanagers@atlassian.com anytime. 

14 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

Congrats, y'all! 🎉

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Congratulations everyone!  Extremely well deserved!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Thank you! 😊

And I am in Team Candy Corns 🍬🍭🍫 thanks to our amazing @Esther Strom 🎉🎉🎉 

1FE4AA17-0EA5-484D-B9B8-9249060FABA9.jpeg

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

Wohoo - much awesome and much candy for everyone 💙😍 great people

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29bc2ac177611c05c6af35337efbca92049c00df2b&rid=giphy

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

Thank you @Fabienne Gerhard 😊

Like Erica Moss likes this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

Congratulations!

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

A bunch of super-awesome humans here! Congrats @nina_schmidt @Mike Rathwell @Esther Strom 🎉

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

Congrats everyone!  Could this be the start of some sort of international candy exchange program?

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

Thanks @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ☺️
and @Liam Green what candies does the UK offer?! 😉

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

+1 for candy market - you can totally count me in!

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2020

Thank you so much. I am humbled that my "howl at the moon" resonated as it did coupled with the DMs I received from those who took that closing exhortation in the article and ran with it.

I am proud to consider all of you my colleagues.

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

Thanks, all! I still feel like I got the better end of the deal with the cookies from @nina_schmidt !

I'm totally in for an international candy exchange! 

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

Haha @nina_schmidt don't know about UK but here in Bulgaria there are some stuff :D 

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2020

@nina_schmidt - I think the big one would be anything by Cadbury!  We also have an almost endless supply of biscuits of almost every kind

Like Erica Moss likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events