Random Acts of May

The Random Acts cup overfloweth this month, so our three awards have become... well, a few more than that. But who doesn't love spreading around some Random Acts of Community?

RAC.png

Our first award goes to Tel Aviv Community Leader @Gal Fatal! He has gone above and beyond to support his fellow leaders by offering to present at their virtual events. He’s presenting at an upcoming event in Berlin and is available for weddings and bar mitzvahs too! (Kidding, kidding.) 

Secondly, you may not know we have a global leaderboard but we do. And Community Leader @Soumyadeep Mandal received the most likes of anyone on community, with 376 likes for the month of May. Pretty a-MAY-zing, wouldn’t you say? 😉

And of course we can’t forget the other half of the leaderboard. @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- has 122 accepted answers for the month of May, bringing him to a jaw-dropping 8,572 accepted answers overall. Consider this your “8,572 accepted answers” badge, Nic!

The third set of awards goes to the team who is running a wellness challenge for our Community Leaders. Our own @Celina Zamora organized the challenge, and we particularly want to call out @Russell Zera  and @Esme Crutchley  for helping to make it a success. We’ve needed self care more than ever this week, and the wellness challenge has been a bright light.  Thank you, team!

The final set of awards speak to the events of this past week. One has to go to @Mary Ramirez, who runs our Diversity & Inclusion group, for starting this thread to share resources about the Black Lives Matter movement. 

And may have also noticed the banner on the site this week, linking to Mike’s blog post. The banner was our developer @mattjared ’s idea, so a badge is coming his way. And we can't leave out @Mike Cannon-Brookes either! 💙

It has been a difficult week in many parts of the world, particularly the U.S., and it’s inspiring to see people working in big and small ways to make change. Thank you all!

We hope that the month of June brings you many random acts of kindness and community, both online and in the real world. Congratulations, winners! If you see a Random Act of Community in June, please send your nominations over to communitymanagers@atlassian.com. 

8 comments

Celina Zamora June 4, 2020

This makes me so happy, thank you @Monique vdB  💙 Teamwork makes the dream work! Congrats to everyone for always showing up for others with so much heart, compassion, and dedication! You all make our Community incredibly special. 

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2020

I forgot about that leaderboard. 

I have been feeling a little gloomy of late but at the click on a link (and a little scroll) I see I am in the top 10 for most likes in the last 30 days.

Gray Clouds Rain GIF - GrayClouds Rain Cute - Discover & Share GIFs

Thanks Atlassian Community for being my umbrella. 

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2020

Congratulations!

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2020

Congratulations everyone!

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 5, 2020

Congratulations everyone!! So well deserved :)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

Congrats everyone and thank you for all that you do!

Like # people like this
Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2020

Uuuu Thank you so much!

I like this badge :)

So happy to be a community leader

Cheers

Like # people like this
Tanya Gordon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2020

Congrats @Gal Fatal ! So happy to see how our community is growing and evolving! You ROCK!!!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events