Random Acts of December

Hello friends! As we wrap up 2020, let's celebrate some Random Acts of Community.  Here are all the previous posts in this series, where we celebrate just a handful of the amazing people who help make this community what it is, both online and in (virtual) person. 

Random_acts_of_community_2x.png

Our first recipient is @John Tolle, who came back to this behemoth of a thread with a solution to a long-standing problem to share with other users, and a notice about a gap in our existing documentation. The team is now working to improve the documentation of this feature and to highlight John's information on this thread. @Eric Themar said you deserve a medal; you can consider this little badge a community medal of honor. Thank you so much, John! 

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 12.51.57 PM.png

Secondly, we'd like to recognize @_Fabian A. Lopez, who has stepped up to run our new Spanish Language community group Conectando en Español.  He has gone above and beyond since we started our groups upgrade, and has even created a map to show where his group members are from around the world. Estupendo! If you happen to speak Spanish, definitely join in the fun in Fabian's group. 

Our next recipient is Cleveland ACE leader @Joey Klein, nominated by community manager @Tamanna Godara A member based in Seattle signed up for his Atlassian Community Event, even though Joey's ACE is in Cleveland, because he was curious about what Atlassian products were all about. Joey then spent an hour on the phone with him and his team, demonstrating JSM, Confluence, and Jira to them, ultimately connecting them with a Solutions Partner who was able to help them. Thank you Joey for going so above and beyond to help someone who lives 2,000 miles away from you! That is incredible community spirit.

Finally, in the spirit of randomness, sometimes I like to run random queries to see if I can find users to celebrate with these badges. Today I was looking for someone who has been around since the olden days of Atlassian Answers, and who has logged in within the past few days, and who has viewed over 10,000 messages during their Atlassian Community tenure, but who is not a Community Leader or Atlassian staffer.  Could I find this person? Yes I could! In fact, I found over 300 users who qualified. So I had to pick one at... random. @Simone Zoli, you are our winner today! Thank you for being such a loyal community member for so many years; I hope this little award brings you a smile. 

That's it for today! If you see a Random Act of Community, big or small, in person or at a live Atlassian Community Event, please let us know! Drop us a line at communitymanagers@atlassian.com and we look forward to celebrating them in 2021.

Happy new year, all! 

11 comments

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2020

Congratulations to you all!

Like # people like this
Lynn Gariepy December 21, 2020

Good news story - thanks for sharing!!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Great stories - congrats and shoutouts to @_Fabian A. Lopez , @Joey Klein and @Simone Zoli 

You Betcha Sheldon Cooper GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Like # people like this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

Congratulations to All !!

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2020

Congratulations to all the winners :-)

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

Congrats everyone!

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2020

Congratulation to all qualifier for 

Random Acts of December

and special congrats for the winners!

Like Monika Rani likes this
John Tolle December 22, 2020

Thanks for the "medal."  :)

Like Kat Warner likes this
Esther Ovie
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

Congratulations to all the winners

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 1, 2021

Congratulations :)

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2021

Congratulations and well deserved everyone!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events