Random Acts of Community badge now live!

Our latest badge on the Atlassian Community is a little different, and is inspired by the idea of random acts of kindness. We’ll be taking the opportunity every so often to award users with this badge to thank them for going above and beyond to help make the Atlassian Community special.

Random acts of community@2x.png

The first recipient of this badge is Thomas Schlegel, in appreciation for his holiday countdown calendar! He took the initiative to establish this wonderful tradition back in 2017. For his third calendar, he interviewed Atlassians from across the company, and the result was truly special. Go check it out if you haven’t yet. Thank you Thomas, for establishing a delightful community tradition for three years and counting. ❄️

Our second award this month goes to Jimmy Seddon. A few months ago, I started offering high fives to users who provide five or more correct answers. Every week, I update the post, and every week, Jimmy comes back with a gif and a congratulatory note of his own. Thank you so much, Jimmy, and everyone else who keeps the energy going in that thread. 🎉

And finally, our third award for the month goes to Jon Chau, who has achieved something no other user has done: he has logged into this community over 25,000 times. (26,206 times, to be exact.) 🤯Either his cookie expires every 10 seconds (in which case he’s extremely dedicated) or he keeps coming back again and again (in which case he’s extremely dedicated). Jon, thank you so much for being a part of our community. if you’re at Summit this year, please stop by and say hello! We’ll save some special swag just for you. 

I’ll be back soon to acknowledge more Random Acts of Community. And if you see something special going on in the community (whether online or in-person) that you think should be acknowledged, our mailbox is always open at communitymanagers@atlassian.com.

39 comments

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

Congrats you three. Well deserved! Keep up the great work.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

@Thomas Schlegel and @Jon Chau congrats to both of you.  You guys definitely deserve this! 

@Monique vdB thank you very much I'm truly honoured to receive this badge!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a6f0482d654ed628137bb8d1432d980a18b15163e&rid=giphy

Like # people like this
Jon Chau January 31, 2020

Wow!  That is quite an accomplishment that I didn't know was possible.  Unfortunately I won't be at Summit this year, but I could send someone to stop by for me @Wansze Kong

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 31, 2020

@jon are you really sure? We could probably work on getting you some kind of discount if that's a blocker for you! But otherwise we'll look forward to meeting @Wansze Kong :) 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

What a lovely idea for a community badge! ♡ Congratulations @Jon Chau @Jimmy Seddon  & @Thomas Schlegel  - well deserved! 👏🏼

Like # people like this
Wansze Kong January 31, 2020

Congratulations @Jon Chau

@Monique vdB I have been trying to convince him to attend Summit, but I’ll be more than happy to assist him. I look forward to meeting everyone in a couple months.

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

What a badge! 💙 Congrats @Jon Chau , @Thomas Schlegel

@Jimmy Seddon you are awesome as always! 

Well deserved!

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2020

Wow!

timg.jpg

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2020

Thank you so much and best wishes from one of Santa‘s elves. He‘s on vacation in my house until next holiday season!

28572469-3D6B-4D4A-9418-FD3CB57E8CFA.jpeg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2020

Congrats everyone - Well Earned!!!

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2020

What a fantastic badge idea and such worthy recipients.

Like # people like this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2020

Amazing badge idea - congrats to the first recipients! 

Like # people like this
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2020

Congrats for the badge!!!

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 3, 2020

Congratulations everyone! Very well deserved :) 

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2020

What an awesome idea @Monique vdB  - congrats to @Thomas Schlegel , @Jon Chau @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2020

Love the spirit of this badge, and the first of our recipients are so deserving! 🎉

Like # people like this
Alison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Thanks for keeping the community fun and engaging @Monique vdB .

& Congrats @Thomas Schlegel @Jon Chau and @Jimmy Seddon  for making this a brighter place! 

Like # people like this
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020
Like # people like this
Valerie Palmer February 5, 2020

This is such a great community!  

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

Congrats @Thomas Schlegel , @Jon Chau , and @Jimmy Seddon ! Thanks for making the Community such a great place to be <3

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

Congrats to all the recipients! Can't wait to see who is honored next!

Like # people like this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2020

Awesome, congrats  @Thomas Schlegel , @Jon Chau , and @Jimmy Seddon

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2020

This is the kind of award that makes me proud to be a member of this community!

Well done and congratulations @Thomas Schlegel , @Jimmy Seddon , and @Jon Chau !!!

Like # people like this
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2020

And there I was not even aware of the high-five thread. So many missed opportunities ! The calendar is a classic too by now, loved it.

Congrats to you three !

Like Monique vdB likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2020

I honestly have no idea how I can ever earn this badge....

Nothing I do is random: it's all calculated and well planned out.

Plus, none of it is "kind"... it is all - you guessed it - FUN ! ! 😎🤘🕺 Hah hah!

@Thomas Schlegel @Jon Chau and @Jimmy_Seddon : great job and thoroughly well deserved! You guys are great examples of Community and what it is all about. CONGRATULATIONS 🌟🏆👏

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events