October monthly challenge badge is now live!

Challenge_2018_10@2x.png

Happy October!

The challenge this month is called Super Grouper, and it's (shocker) all about groups! Check out all the groups we have available and join your local group. Or introduce yourself in our Welcome Center. Or share your open story in our Diversity & Inclusion group, or your career path in our Jobs & Careers group. Or check out Topic Tuesdays throughout the the month. Our group moderators will be so happy to have you! 

To earn this badge, join at least one group and post 10 times during the month of October.  If you have any questions, ask them below.

P.S. You can now also see the instructions for earning this badge on the new and improved badge page of your profile. 

9 comments

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2018

Already love the october badge! Found some new groups that are really interesting. Is it ok to introduce myself again @Monique vdB? (Already made a post here)

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2018

I'd love t if my local user group get their own group in the community during October. :P

Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2018

That's a great challenge, but I think I have a couple of questions;

• Does being a member of a group already (pre-October) qualify in the same way as joining one during October?
  • Do you specifically have to post 10 times in the group(s) you joined, or is this across community?

I believe the answers will probably be:

• Yes, that counts!
  • Across community!
Deleted user October 3, 2018

Hurray, lots of great engagement :) in groups. I can already hear the typing of great group discussions. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2018

I've got the same questions as @Aaron Williams - I joined all the groups I wanted to join when they arrived (pretty much "all but the location groups where I am not" and "cars")

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 4, 2018

@Kat Warner what's your local user group? :) 

@Aaron Williams and @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, yes, if you've already joined a group, you don't need to join a new one, you just need to make 10 posts over the course of the month. 

And also, Aaron, you need to make 10 group posts, specifically. You can't post in a group without being a member at the moment, so you can either post 10 times in your groups or I suppose you could join a group, post, and then leave the group. 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 4, 2018

@Monique vdB Wellington, New Zealand. I've been told we are on the list to be created :)

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2018

Hi @Monique vdB,post 10 times during the month of October means publishing arbitrary content, including questions and discussions? Or must it be post 10 times in the group's topic?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 12, 2018

Hi @Ollie Guan, it means pos 10 times in any group or groups :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events