How to better address my issue on Atlassian Support Portal

You've probably come across this screen while opening a support ticket for an issue, bug, or question and thought: Whatever, it all goes to the same place...

contact_support.jpg

OMG, there's a dropdown menu with multiple choices. Which one should I use???

First, clarifying that initial thought, requests do not go to the same place. Different teams around the globe are strategically placed in order to provide the best support to our customers.

So, if by chance you open a request that is not related to a specific team, this will overload the team in question and your request will take much longer to be answered/resolved.

To avoid this problem, let's clarify when to use each of the menu options.

get access.jpg

• This option is self-explanatory ie you MUST and WILL request access to the Partner Portal

server.jpg

• This option is for you that is running a Local Server environment (on-premise) and need additional information about how to migrate to Cloud
  • After the end of the support date, Atlassian and Marketplace Partners will no longer provide technical support for any issues, security updates, or bug fixes for critical vulnerabilities. Regular security updates help protect your business from threats and vulnerabilities, so we recommend moving to our Cloud or Data Center products before the end of the support date
  • For additional information about this, kindly check the link Migrate for continued support and Cloud benefits

tech.jpg

Ok, ok, this is where 99% of tickets are opened, because everyone thinks that the problem they are experiencing is a technical issue or a bug. In this case, I will list the options that should NOT be used in this option.

• Issues related to Billing, Payment, or Invoices
  • Information about Quotes and Pricing
  • Product Pricing
  • Extend Product Trial time
  • Refunds
  • Compensation
  • Cancel any Cloud Subscription
  • Questions about a Migration process
  • Follow up on opened tickets (do it on the same ticket)
  • Update Account information (billing or tech contacts)

These are just one of the possible options where you should NOT use the Technical issues and bugs option.

If you are facing an ERROR on your environment or your environment is not behaving as desired, please, feel free to use this option.

billing.jpg

• Do you remember the list above? You can use this option to request information about your billing, payment, invoices, and other subject related to it

mig.jpg

• Your site(s) are under a migration process, this is the correct option you should use
  • You are planning to execute a migration
  • Questions about non-Atlassian product migration to the Atlassian environment

acc.jpg

• My account is not your user account issue
  • This option should be used to update billing or technical contact information

prod.jpg

prod2.jpg

• These two options are also self-explanatory

pers.jpg

• You want to request a copy of your personal data
  • Request the erasure of your personal data

I hope the information shared here will serve as a guide for you the next time you need to contact Atlassian Support Team.

3 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

This should be required reading for Community Leaders that help answering questions on the Community Portal.

Like # people like this
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Maybe to add: If you're a partner, don't use these support channels, but rather use the Developer and Marketplace support portal.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

Where do we go if our posts/replies aren't being posted.  My answers to many questions aren't showing up here.

Comment

AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events