How and why to accept a solution to your question

“No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.”
—Robin Williams

Atlassian believes all teams have potential to do amazing things. The Atlassian Community is a team where we can go to find inspiration, answers, and support. One important part of this community is accepting a solution.

Accept a solution

When you start a new question in the Atlassian Community, you have the ability to accept any of the replies as the solution to your question. If more than one answer was helpful or contributed to you solving your problem, you can mark more than one accepted solution.

Accepting a solution will mark your question as resolved and will make it easier for others in the Community to find valuable content and answers without having to read through an entire topic.

Why mark a reply as the solution?

Marking a reply as a solution will make it easier for others who have a similar issue to find. It is also a great way of saying “Thank you!” and recognizing who helped you.

How do you mark a reply as the solution?

To mark a reply as the solution, locate the check mark “Accept Answer” by the reply that helped you solve your issue.

Accept.png
Not only will you mark the reply as the solution, your question will also be marked as having an accepted answer.

Now that you know how to accept a solution, go out there and make this community great!

7 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Great article, @Mikael Sandberg!

Sanja Vukovic February 12, 2018

This is not working properly. I got the answers but I had further questions that aren't replied yet. In spite of that, I got the message "A community member has answered your question but you have not marked it as an accepted solution." Why am I receiving this notice when my additional question is not answered?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2018

The robot that sends out the reminders has no way of knowing that you are asking further questions in the same thread, instead of asking new questions.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2018

This is a great feature, I look forward to testing it out when I have questions or when I respond to questions. It cleans up the queue so we can work to help with the unresolved questions. Thanks!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 10, 2018

@Mikael Sandberg we may need to update the screenshot now that this experience has improved! 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

@Monique vdB Done!

Like LarryBrock likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 10, 2018

@Mikael Sandberg wow that was fast thank you!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events