Happy Anniversary to the Atlassian Community

Can you believe it's almost been one year to the day since the new Atlassian Community site launched!? 🎉

Scott and I have marvelled at how quickly it has become a living, breathing, vibrant hub. So many of you have taken the time to share your expertise and passions with other Atlassian users around the world, and for that we can't thank you enough.

Let's take this opportunity to pause and reflect on some of the moments that helped us get here, and how we've evolved over that time. After all, our user community is 16 years in the making. So get your hiking boots on, because we're about to take a walk down memory lane.

Atlassian_-_Atlassian_-_JIRA_-_Bug_Tracking__issue_tracking_and_project_management_software.jpeg

Scott and I launched Atlassian with our flagship product, JIRA Jira, and we were Atlassian's first and only support engineers. If users needed help, they called our cell phones. 📞😬

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 10.37.32 am.jpeg

The first Atlassian User Group popped up (organically!) with 60 people getting together in Virginia to discuss best practices and to problem solve with their peers. When Scott and I found out about this we were blown away by the passion our customers had, and still have, for our products. There are now AUG meet-ups happening almost every single day, all around the world.

headline_summit-thumb-500x190.jpeg

We hosted our first ever Atlassian Summit at the Palace Hotel, with 300 people in the audience, and Summit Bash was held in Atlassian's San Francisco office. This was the first time we witnessed the magic that happens when we connect our users to each other.

Atlassian-Answers-shadow.png

Atlassian Answers was launched. This was our first foray into an online support forum. We quickly noticed how eager our users were to help one another.

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 9.10.18 am.jpeg

As the user group program and the Atlassian Answers platform continued to scale exponentially, we decided it was time to reinvest in supporting our growing community. We launched this site to provide an open, collaborative space for users all over the world to find help, connection, and inspiration anytime, anywhere.

Atlassian products help bring people closer together. Because of this, it's no surprise to me that the people who use our products daily have, in turn, worked together to build this vibrant community. I'm so grateful to the millions of people around the world that continue to fuel the Atlassian Community. Thank you (heart).

m

P.S. Special thanks to our kickass Community Champions who helped us get this off the ground and continue to shape the future of this community.

46 comments

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2018

Woot! Happy to be a part of this great community! Happy Anniversary! 

Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2018

just write the next chapter in the company's success story. happy anniversary!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2018

A very merry un-un-birthday to you Atlassian Community!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2018

It's true! I was writing my first O'Reilly book in 2004 and I had some questions about this new Jira tool. So I wrote to support@atlassian.com and got a rather knowledgable answer back from Mike. And Jira got a section in the book, the first print reference as far as I know.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 30, 2018

@Matt Doar I love that story!

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2018

Happy anniversary and cheers to an awesome year!

Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2018

Happy Anniversary!! To the infinity and beyond...!!!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2018

Happy Anniversary!  I remember attending 2010 Summit and sidling up to the Support Bar for some assistance and who should help me...but Scott! 

I've been hooked ever since.  Keep up the fabulous work, we are enjoying the ride.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2018

Happy belated anniversary, honored to be part of such a great community!

Robert Chatwani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2018

A huge thank you to our incredible Atlassian Community members — we feed off of your energy and ideas, and your stories inspire us each and every day!

Like • Alison likes this
Aswanth Kumar April 2, 2018

Happy Anniversary Atlassian Community!!!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2018

Happy anniversary! What a ride so far :) Really enjoy this community.

Jose Prado April 3, 2018

BOM DIAS GOSTARIA DE MELHORES INFORMAÇÕES 

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2018

Happy belated anniversary! :)

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2018

A bit late to the party, but Happy Anniversary!! :)

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2018

Same here; happy first anniversary to ourselves! Cheers and here's to many years to come!

John Lamb April 3, 2018

Happy Anniversary Atlassians!!!

LeKisha Boswell April 3, 2018

Better late than never "Go A-Comm - it's your birthday!!"

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 3, 2018

@LeKisha Boswell you're actually right on time -- today is the official anniversary day! 🎉

Fabian G. Ferdgelis April 3, 2018

Happy Anniversary!!! Your history is awesome :-)

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2018

Happy Anniversary !

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2018

Happy Anniversary - really love this community! A little party never killed nobody....

Bryan T April 4, 2018

Happy Anniversary - I’m new to the community, but, together with some of our team, we are excited as we test out and seek to use Stride as our organisation’s tool of collaboration and communication. Looking forward to its continued growth and maturing into the excellent product it is forecasted to be. Thanks, Atlassian!

Sergey Demidov April 4, 2018

Happy Anniversary

P April 4, 2018

Happy Anniversary. Great Product

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events