Community release notes for September 25, 2018

"Hey Monique, it's been a while since you published my favorite feature of all time, community release notes. What's up with that?"

whatsup.gif

Well, the wait is over, because we have amazing new features releasing today, and release notes courtesy of our developer @mattjared. Yay!

New: The "Create" button is now the "Ask the community" button, and you won't need to go to an interim screen to ask a question, create a discussion, or write an article. Saving you clicks, since 2018!

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.55.00 AM.png

New: The Charlie Sans font is rolling out on community. For more information about the font, see @Mike Cannon-Brookes's post here

New: A link to the official AUG website has now been added to each of our online AUG groups! Bringing online and offline AUGs together, since 2018!

New: This is a big one, folks -- we've completely revamped the profile! Here are some of the benefits of the new profile:

• Search, sort, and filter your own or others' posts to find what you're looking for more easily
  • Get more information about your fellow users and tell us more about yourself, including industry type and size, hobbies, and more
  • Add links to your personal and company websites, and LinkedIn and Twitter profiles
  • Get more information about how to earn badges (more detailed descriptions coming soon)

Click on your avatar and View profile to go see! 

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.44.30 AM.png

Feedback and thoughts and questions are welcome in the comments below. Since always! 🎉 

10 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Yes!

giphy

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Look great! Awesome job folks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2018

Liking the changes

fyi. in Safari the drop down for "ask the community" is compacted.

ask.jpg

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 26, 2018

@Jack Brickey thanks for the screenshot, @mattjared has promised to fix it singlehandedly within the next five minutes. At least I'm pretty sure that's what he said. 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2018

Great improvements!! 🤘🏼🎉

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2018

Always excited to see release notes :) It's like Christmas!

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2018

Yeah! :)

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 27, 2018

@Mirek that gif is mesmerizing.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2018

I like the look of the new profiles. I think the layout is more organized and easier to view. One suggestion I have would be a place to put in one's Atlassian certifications. :)

tintunmawgyi January 30, 2019

I like the look of the poem and language

i very interest to read 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events