Community release notes for May 24, 2021

How's everyone doing on this fine day? In the mood for a few release notes? I hope so, because here they are! 

New: The dev team has been focusing on performance improvements, starting with an in-depth audit of our code. Some issues were identified, and two performance improvement changes were put into production today. The first fixes impact the navigation bar, and therefore every page on community should load faster. 

We’re able to measure performance more easily for logged out users, so if you are a logged in user and notice an improvement (or even if things seem slow) it would be great to hear about! 

Updated: Another fix rolling out today is for the create form. Rather than having one error state, we now have specific error messages to let you know exactly what the issue is. For example, if your post reaches the character count limit, or you are missing hosting details, or any other kind of error you can imagine, the form will now be more inFORMative (lol).  This is likely to benefit less experienced users and article writers the most!

Ongoing: We are also still offering the Meet-less May badge, which you can earn throughout the month of May. Check it out here if you haven’t already done so, and definitely click through to read all the posts. Lots of great ideas from the community about how to make meetings shorter, more purposeful, and more pleasant: 

That’s it for today; have a great week everyone!

2 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

Appreciate the performance improvements! Anything to make our quality of life better, I'm game 💙

Ever since I got my Meet-less badge, I've been watching what I'm eating, versus watching who I'm meeting. I probably should do a little more of the latter, eh?

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

@Dave Liao I've just been attaching a screenshot of my badge and pressing decline on every request! 🤣

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events