Community release notes for May 11, 2021

Hello community! Here for you with another edition of release notes.

New: Your inbox counter has changed from a tray with a dot in it to a bell with a counter. This will tell you how many notifications you have waiting for you, and may look familiar to Confluence users! 

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 10.01.42 AM.png

New: Next-gen is now called Team-managed projects (you can read the details here). The collection has been renamed accordingly

New: We have a new collection for Jira Work Management. Read the JWM FAQ for more. 

Updated: The Jira Core collection has been renamed Jira Core Server

Updated: The category names on the Groups directory page are now clickable, so you can browse the groups in categories like Featured Groups or Point A Product Groups. 

New: If you do click through the categories, you may see a description of what the groups in that category are all about. See an example here

Updated: If you are viewing a closed or secret group, an accurate post count will now be shown. (It was showing 0 posts.) 

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 10.14.15 AM.png

Coming soon: We recently completed a community performance audit and have identified some performance-related fixes to tackle first. You should start seeing site performance improve across the board soon. When we release anything major, I will of course announce it here, in Ye Olde Communitye Releyse Nottes. 

That's all for today! Enjoy!

14 comments

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hey, I like the counter badge on the bell! Nice work y'all.

Like Monique vdB likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Now you have me wondering what secret groups I am not in, hahaha. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Excited for all the improvements! 💪

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

Question about the bell notifications. If I click on the bell icon to look at the notifications, should it clear the number? (it isn't currently) FWIW I don't need to go into each page to have received the notification (especially since I see via email what the response is usually before going into Community).

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

Hmm @carolyn french when I click on it, it doesn't change but a refresh removes the counter for me.

Any chance can get that counter in double digits? 9+ now seems to be my semi-permanent state :D

Like carolyn french likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

This is really cool!  Thank you for the updates!

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

+1 for "Ye Olde Communitye Releyse Nottes"!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

Nice improvements, thanks!

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2021

I was thinking that something changed about the notification icon and I wasn't sure what 😁 The bell feels so natural I thought it was there forever 🔔....
Nice improvements, thank you!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 17, 2021

@carolyn french the icon clears when you visit your activity page. you don't have to go click on every individual item. :) 

@Dirk Ronsmans I have the same issue! needs to go up to 99 apparently. or 999?

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB , your "Jira Core collection" naming update made me wonder:  Is it true that the new name for Jira Core in Cloud only is now Jira Work Management but in Server and Data Center it will remain named Jira Core?  Thanks for the info!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 19, 2021

@Rachel Wright I don't know the answer but I will find someone who can give you accurate info! Stay tuned. 🕵🏽‍♀️

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2021

Hey @Rachel Wright ! Glad to meet you, you're a legend.

To answer your question as simply as possible, yes – Jira Work Management is specifically a rebrand of Jira Core Cloud. There wasn't actually a Data Center deployment of Jira Core in the past, so the Jira Core name will persist only in the context of Jira Core Server.

Like # people like this
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

Thanks for confirming @Chase Wilson!  And thanks @Monique vdB for the follow up too!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events