Community release notes for June 22, 2017

Hi all! Here is the latest round of community release notes, this time courtesy of our dev Tyler Tadej. Thanks, Tyler!

• Improved: When creating a new post from the homepage or from other pages outside of collections, the form will have checkboxes to select the most popular tags.
  • Improved: Certain notification emails will have the post or comment in the email and subject line will always contain the thread topic, which helps group messages in email clients like Gmail.
  • Fixed: First time users can click 'Cancel' instead of agreeing to the Terms of Use and not experience the "Authentication Loop of Death."
  • Fixed: Text wrapping no longer breaks words in half (thanks for reporting).

Let me know if you notice any issues or have any questions.  

7 comments

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 23, 2017

I am also noticing the fonts have been updated in the notification emails -- at least for me, in Gmail. 

Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2017

Hello guys.

First of all, thanks for your hard work in the community lately, it has gotten a lot better to use and you guys are doing a terrific job.

However, the code box width issue is still there, and it is one of the things that influence me the most on a daily basis. Can you please fix the code width? I look at customers answers every day, and everytime I get a question with code, I need to copy and paste their code into a sublime text window because the code window scroll makes it impossible to look at. 

Thanks very much and best of luck!

Cheers

DYelamos

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2017

Also please

This:

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 14.30.18.png

Makes it really hard to work with the app. I spend 20 minutes crafting an answer for a user, then I get this message and I need to guess where my error is, which just adds another 10 minutes of copy pasting parts of the answer. I usually get this when inserting groovy codes in brackets, but I am not entirely sure why, since I cannot debug this.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

Dyelamos

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 26, 2017

Dyelamos, thank you for the kind words! I will check in on these two items today. I think the code editor issue is already high on our priority list but will double check.  The interceptor is on the radar but I didn't realize it was a persistent issue for some users.  I'll bump this up in priority as well.

Thanks!

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2017

Hi Monique. 

Helping out a colleague today I realised that the "interceptor" triggers mostly when you copy from other answers in the community or from jira or confluence. It doesn't seem to like copying hyperlinks and codeboxes, once the text is put out and placed again manually it seems to work again. I'd be glad to demo or record a gif if that'd help.

Cheers

Dyelamos

pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2017

Yeah, Dyelamos, I've noticed the code block seemed to trigger it.  Thanks for the added info.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 29, 2017

Interesting. I had something get sucked into the spam quarantine yesterday that I cut and pasted from elsewhere. Hmm.... 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events