Community release notes for January 24, 2018

Release notes courtesy of @Tyler T, and a special shoutout to Tyler, our designer@Test User KL, and @Scott Grieder for being instrumental in bringing our new homepage redesign to you! 

• New: Homepage refresh for community members (aka logged-in users)
    • Your personalized feed that is saved for you on the homepage - always there when you need it 
    • Profile card with your latest stats
      • Coming soon: Hover over a post author to view their profile card
    • List of most recently accepted answers
  • New: Search is now always in the navigation for easy access. Auto-suggestions display a checkmark if a question has been solved.
  • Updated: Topic feeds now display a short text preview of each post
  • Known issue: We still have the bug (in discussions only) where you will get an error if you post an image alone with no text. We're getting more reports of image-posting issues, though -- feel free to report below if you've  encountered a recent problem, and include as much detail as possible.

As always, the community team appreciates your feedback. We'd love to know how you feel about the new homepage and how we could improve it! (Or, you know, over-the-top, unadulterated praise is good too.)  Either way, please leave us a comment and tell us what you think.  ;) 

19 comments

David Corcoran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Awesome release. Great job team!

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Homepage looks clean and super useful now! I like that it's now pretty easy to see what questions I want to try and work on and that the filters keep my preferences (no replies, most recent first). Good job!

Scott Grieder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Thanks @Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_!  Glad you like it. 

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Love the new experience on the homepage, definitely a useful ad cleaner homepage!

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2018

Great job - loving the new homepage!

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2018

I am unable to add images to any comment. Neither uploading nor posting via URL work - the interface is completely unresponsive to my attempts at linking or uploading. It just sits there, asking for my images like it did when I first opened it. I've tried on two separate computers (Windows 7 w/ Chrome and macOS High Sierra w/ Safari)- both fail. Is there somewhere I should write up my details for this particular issue?

Loving the new homepage, by the way. Super useful!

Scott Grieder
Atlassian Team
February 1, 2018

picard-facepalm.jpg

@Devon Henderson - Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with attaching images to any comment. Would you mind sharing browser and OS info so that we can attempt to reproduce it on our end?

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2018

Sure @Scott Grieder:

Windows 7 Pro SP1
Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'm not at my Mac at the moment - I can get that system's information this evening. I'm unable to attach images on both computers. Mac is on High Sierra (pretty sure it's the most recent Public Beta) and I use Safari.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2018

Also tagging @Fadoua, who was having image issues.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2018

Thanks @Erica Moss! I didn't experience the issue when I tried to attach images recently.

Attached is my IOS version Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 2.02.41 PM.png

Paul G February 1, 2018

Let me try this thing... macOS Sierra, same version... safari version 11.0.3

picard-facepalm.jpg

Paul G February 1, 2018

Was having the same problem

picard-facepalm.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 1, 2018

@Devon Henderson is this happening with a specific content type? Like questions or discussions? I can create a test thread so we can try and reproduce. 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2018

Very useful homepage redesign- nice work!

I've noticed today when I'm commenting, I have to click on "Add" multiple times, and it's going very slowly. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 2, 2018

@Paul G poor Picard is very sad in this thread!

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2018

Oh my goodness, it's working again! I am so excited. I couldn't do this for like a week. @Monique vdB it seems like I'm all good now! I'll test on my Mac tonight but at least my Windows PC is happy again :)

giphy-downsized (1).gif

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 2, 2018

@Devon Henderson omg that GIF. 😮

So glad it's working for you!

Stephanie Grice
Community Manager
August 6, 2019

Thanks @Monique vdB ! Great write-up.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 6, 2019

@Stephanie Grice you're welcome, as always.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events