Community release notes for August 19, 2021

I know, it feels like only yesterday that we sent out the last batch of community release notes. Actually it was three days ago. 😉

However, today we're rolling out an editor update, and we've made some improvements! Take a look at the before and after:

beforeafter.png

Improvements include:

1. Access to the HTML and Preview modes in some views (e.g. when composing an article)
  2. A strikethrough option
  3. A horizontal line option
  4. Stylized formatting drop-down
  5. Better error messaging, and an updated FAQ

The team has also done a lot of work streamlining our HTML permissions on the back end.  If you find anything that looks off with your permissions or with the editor, please report below! 

5 comments

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2021

If anyone else comes here because you thought the "Code Block" format style had gone away .... clear your browser cache to get it back.

// I'm only happy when I'm coding
Like • # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2021

Is this a release note record? Only 3 days! Loving the new look editor too

Like • # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

I have a backlog of things I wanted to comment on in my inbox.  At first, I was going to say that I didn't notice much different with the new editor.

Now, I believe something may be broken with mine @Monique vdB:

BrokenEditor.JPG

I would love to play with all the fancy new pieces, but sadly I don't have them :(

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated!

Thank you! 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 24, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon you definitely have the new editor (I see the strikethrough and horizontal line buttons). 

Currently you can only see the HTML and Rich Text tabs if you're creating* a post, not in comments or replies. Our next update will address this and also add tables! 

*Or editing a comment; if you go into edit mode then the tabs appear. 

Like • Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2021

Thank you for clearing that up @Monique vdB!  I do see that on create.  For a second I thought I was in a broken limbo state.

Like • Monique vdB likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events