Community release notes for April 24, 2023

Hello, community - I hope those of you who attended Team '23 had fun, and that you are all making some time to watch all the digital content dropping soon! In the meantime, I bring you another edition of community release notes. โœ๏ธ

New:

๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ What does "I'm New Here" mean? 
                                    ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿฟ What's a Community Leader?
                                                       ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ  How do I become a Rising Star

For users who have ever been curious about the roles on community, we have a new feature for you: lozenge hovercards.

Now, when you hover over a lozenge next to a user's name, you can find more information about what their role means; in some cases, you can click a link to take you on a deeper dive to learn more.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 2.24.00 PM.png

Thank you to our designers and devs for delivering such a delightful new feature, especially @Colby Stauss ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿผโ€๐Ÿ’ป @Gillian ๐Ÿคตโ€โ™€๏ธ and @Christine Soules  โ›น๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ!Any feedback or questions, feel free to drop them in the comments.

Other editions of our community release notes can be found here. ๐Ÿ•ต๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

21 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

@Monique vdB thanks for sharing! All of this hovering has got me feeling like Marty McFly.

Like โ€ข # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Whoaaa! Super cool! Thanks team!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 24, 2023

Mine is a little coffee cup and I'm so happy

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 2.54.21 PM.png

Kristjรกn Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Yes!

giphy

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Agreed!  This is a really cool update!  @Monique vdB is there a plan to document all of the roles in a post?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Great idea! People were always asking about these titles.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Exactly!  There are three missing roles and a refresh on the wording would be nice too!

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Looks nice. ๐Ÿ‘ 

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

That's welcoming feature and yes, design looks very nice ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

This is nice!

Hana Kuฤerovรก
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Nice! Thank you!

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Quite nice addition!! I like it! But I noticed that people of "Atlassian team" do not have a cool pic like the rest of us! Don't let them feel neglected!

atlassian team.png

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Love it, simple but fun. Well Done.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

That's really cool! Love seeing the progression. 

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Woohoo, spiffy indeed!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 25, 2023

You can see the Atlassian Team image on the person's profile page or on an article page. For example if you hover over my lozenge you'll get the version with no image, but if you hover at the top right of this page you'll see my little coffee cup.

Here's what the team badge looks like: 

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 9.45.43 AM.png

It is intended to emphasize the "achievable" ranks vs. the ones that are more binary. But I'll pass along the feedback that it may be confusing!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 25, 2023

@Andy Gladstone and @Jimmy Seddon I'll add a refresh of that page to my backlog. I can also add a list of existing roles to the FAQ.

For the record I think we have: Community Manager, Atlassian Team, Marketplace Partner, Solutions Partner, Rising Star, I'm New Here, and Community Leader. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 25, 2023

@Andy Gladstone and @Jimmy Seddon I'm adding a refresh of that page to my backlog, and also I will add the roles to the FAQ.  For the record I believe they are: Community Leader, Community Manager, Atlassian Team, Rising Star, I'm New Here, Marketplace Partner, and Solutions Partner. 

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

This is great @Monique vdB! Love it! 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2023

@Monique vdB - heh, getting the "Atlassian Team" lozenge is totally "achievable" if you just keep checking Atlassian's job listings, right? ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Happy Saturday!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events