Atlassian remote-friendly software: available for FREE

Hello, Atlassian Community!

We are all on this remote journey together, and Atlassian wants to make it as easy for as many people and teams as we can.

Today we announced that small teams can now use Atlassian Cloud products at no charge, in addition to our existing free offerings for teams of all sizes. Head over to the Atlassian Blog for the full download, or check out the points below for the TLDR.

• Go to www.atlassian.com/free to access free, cloud-based editions of Jira Software, Confluence, and Jira Core at no charge for teams of up to 10 users.  Jira Service Desk can also be accessed on a free plan, however it is limited to only 3 agents on the free plan.
  • Go to www.atlassian.com/remote to access our new remote work hub with advice on staying productive and collaborative
  • We are offering one-year subscriptions to Trello Business Class for free to educators at K-12 schools and higher education institutions

We hope these tools help you to pursue the ambitious and important goals and projects we know our Community members work on. 

Questions welcomed in the comments section below! 

8 comments

Andre March 18, 2020

I thought they were already free for up to 10 users (3 for JSD) since Sep last year (https://www.atlassian.com/blog/platform/cloud-premium). Could you please clarify what's different about today's announcement?

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 19, 2020

@Andre , teams of 10 or less can now get cloud-based editions of Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, and Jira Core at no charge. These products are new to the lineup of our products that small teams can already access for free (Trello, Bitbucket, and Opsgenie) which give all types of teams a set of great capabilities for collaboration. Hope this helps to clarify! 

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

@Bridget  i think the question from halfday is about the number of licenses of Jira Service Desk, as far as we know we could have only 3 agents, and the rest of the products 10 licences for free.

Andre March 20, 2020

Actually my question is about the difference between this and last September's announcement. For the past few months, if you sign up for a trial of Jira/Confluence cloud instance, you'll start receiving notifications about providing credit card details. If you ignore them for 3-4 weeks, eventually you'll get an email along the lines "we'll convert you to our free tier" and you'll end up with 10 users Cloud instance (I can't remember whether it was 1 or 3 JSD agents). 

So my question is really what's new in this week's announcement?

PS: I do appreciate Atlassian providing free tiers of their Cloud products. My Confluence instance is a great place to keep personal knowledge base or notes and the free Jira instance is a very convenient option to try different configurations/automations/integrations.

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020

@Bridget getting back to this topic, as I was asked about the 10 users for JSD - from a customer.... 

I checked the blog info, your info here against my own instance and the "free" tier in product pricing page. 

The last two shows 3 agents (what means only 2 agents for real, as Jira Admin will always get a license). 

So, this is the question: how to get access to the ten agents informed in the official announcement? Consider that free tier has support only from community. 

I really appreciate your answer / help in here , so I will be able to answer customer query... 

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2020

@Angélica Luz do you have information about this? ^ :( no answer from original poster so far... 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2020

Just to close the loop, I have updated this article to try to clarify the user limits for each product.  Jira Service Desk Cloud has a user limit of up to 3 agents when on the free plan.

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2020

Thanks @Andy Heinzer

Again : i really appreciated your help 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events