Atlassian Community known issues and changes

For the latest on known issues and upcoming changes, check out our community release notes.

Meeple Scenes-Collaborative.png

Here are some of the major changes you will see from Atlassian Answers:

1. There is no ability to comment on a question, only answer it.
  2. No @mentions. [DONE!]
  3. If you watch a collection, you will get updates via a digest, and not via individual emails. [You can now select either way in your notifications settings]
  4. The system does not auto-subscribe you to a question when you respond to it. [This is enabled by default now and can be changed in your notifications settings]
  5. Inline images to old posts were migrated as attachments only.
  6. No user bios were migrated and they are not yet being displayed. [Bios now being displayed]

The team is also hard at work clearing the backlog of known issues. Here is what we have remaining:

1. When a post is edited by the author, the tags are stripped out! [This should now be fixed]
  2. Intermittent errors with using header formatting. 
  3. Tag does not register if you hit Enter. [Use Tab]
  4. Spellcheck working in the subject line, but not in the body of posts.
  5. After commenting on a long post, or after the comments on the post get too long, the post itself disappears when you scroll back up. 
  6. When visiting a question/discussion and being prompted to log in before replying, the system kicks you back to the homepage instead of back to the content you were viewing. [Fixed]
  7. Search does not find people's profiles or content (only content in which they are mentioned) [On our list]
  8. Issues with multi-page threads: the notification email takes you to page one even if the comment is on the 2nd page. Also, if you leave a comment on the 2nd page, page will refresh and send you back to page one. [Fixed]
  9. When search results are many pages long, there is no link to go to the last page of the results -- you have to keep clicking next. 
  10. Search on mobile sometimes autocorrects text [This should now be fixed]
  11. Frankenposts: when a post is moved, it becomes associated with unrelated replies. [Fixed.]
  12. Some users are reporting that they are not getting community emails. Please continue to report this issue so we can figure out if there is an underlying pattern to which users are affected. [Fixed]

If you notice any other issues, or have any questions, you can post in the Feedback Forum. We're happy to have you here!

44 comments

Damian Skrodzki April 4, 2017

Is there any way to subscribe for a tag?  That combined with MPAC integration were very useful features to narrow down client's questions in the old answers.atlassian.com. If it's not there, is there any ETA?

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

@Damian - The ability to watch/subscribe to a tag is mentioned in this question. Atlassian working on it apparently: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-questions/How-can-I-watch-a-tag/qaq-p/458316

Damian Skrodzki April 4, 2017

Thanks Sam, watched!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 6, 2017

A new #1 issue added -- I just ran into it myself editing this post to add the issue! Tags are stripped out when the author edits her/his original post. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

No emails on any subject at all.

Checked with my email servers - there's nothing arriving at all.  No digests, no new topic, no watches.  Mostly, it's not really a problem, I can visit the site, or use RSS.  In fact, I really don't mind not getting emails for new things.

But it is a massive problem when you start a conversation.  Imagine this cycle:

• Questioner:  Asks genuine question
  • Community:  Could you give us some more information on aspect X?
  • Questioner:  Provides more information
  • Community:  Not a clue that there's been an update.

Without the email, or other ways to notify the community, we have to go back and check every single item we may have interacted with, one at a time, manually, to see if we've had a response that can tell us how to help the questioner.

So the question goes unanswered and we lose people because they don't get anything back.

That needs fixing, more than anything.

(Not necessarily email, but any useful route to tell us of responses is critical)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 11, 2017

Nic, I emailed you directly as a test; if you don't get an email from me let me know!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 12, 2017

A couple of these issues have been fixed; please see the original post for the updates in bold!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2017

Still no emails from the site.

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

I might be doing this wrong all this time when i administer your products at work, but I tend to do things differently.

We first mirror production to test, make sure that all these things (like profiles, rights, permission and content) work as intended, the i upgrade/migrate that instance. Once a few testers signed off that all is proven fine then we redo the migation on production from scratch.

The perks i found with this method is that there is never a delta of information, while production has the highest uptime at the same time we are able to spend weeks making sure that everything works.

If it against all odds fails anyway, this approach allows me to roll back very fast to the prior version, once more allowing me weeks of researching what went wrong, while users still have access to their old content.

Once more, not sure this is the way, but i did this the last 10 years and besides for the few cases when we needed to rollback, most users have been happy by our availability.

CORRECTION: i DO get notifications on new threads, and CAN edit new threads. Just seems to be the old ones i no longer have access to.

Can this be sorted?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 20, 2017

It's at the top of our bug list -- we found no issues at all on the sending side so far.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 20, 2017

Okay, I have a crazy theory that this is related to AUG membership. Nic, I removed AUG membership from your account. Did this somehow magically fix your email issue?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 2, 2017

We fixed the Frankenthread issue (thread has been updated). We also improved the auto-categorization of content so that tags are smarter about which collection they belong in.  

Matthias Krohn May 8, 2017

Like Nic I get not any e-mail notifications since March. Did removing the AUG membership helped for Nic?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 8, 2017

No, Matthias, I don't think it did. We think this might be a DNS issue of some type. It's our highest priority right now as we try to troubleshoot. 

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2017

We're still having the problems where answers are not appearing while they are in the mod queue - it's a terrible experience.

Thanos posted twice and neither appeared: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Assignee-field-not-updated-on-form-when-using-Behavior-Script/qaq-p/582908

In desperation he asked someone else to post, now there are three answers. Makes us look ridiculous.

"[8:38 PM] xxx: unbelievable I am answering on community forums and already 2 of my answers were ignored (I click answer and after a while my answer gets disappeared )
[8:38 PM] xxx: and lazarus recovering form is not working with the bloody community
[8:38 PM] xxx: omg"

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 11, 2017

I moved one of the duplicates. (I only saw two comments in that thread.) 

I think the way to improve this experience is with some kind of message that your content is being held for moderation.  I'll make sure we have a ticket prioritized on that. 

I think the spam filter is overall very good but occasionally it is catching some legitimate posts. Thanks for highlighting this and let me know if any other duplicates need to be removed.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2017

Sorry if I'm interferring here, but Isn't there a way that (more?) Adaptavist people could have access to Spam quarantine? Then, if a reply disappears they can check and release it themselves straight away.

I would guess the frustration here is not so much about knowing that the reply is stuck, but the unknown time for which it will be held (especially if the reply triggered a notfification email to a customer who asked a question, but the link on the email leads nowhere until the reply is released).

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding the issue here.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 11, 2017

So, the volume here is very low -- an average of 3 messages are marked as "not spam" daily.  I hope that will actually go down as our spam filter gets smarter. We also have 75 or so people with the ability to check the spam filter and release non-spam. 

I have no conclusion to draw from that, but giving you some context. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2017

I also don't get any email at all from the community platform. Never ever, not a single one. I totally rely on an RSS feed.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 12, 2017

This is literally the #1 thing on our list. I will try to get an update today, not sure where we are at with this!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 12, 2017

The team just made some changes to the DNS and MX and other acronyms like that. Let me know if you see any improvement / see this in your email!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2017

No, still not a single mail.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 15, 2017

Okay, it's still #1 on the list so we will continue to follow up. :( 

wroot May 21, 2017

Those who don't get emails, i suggest to check your spam filters (if possible). Atlassian mailing system missing some DNS entries and is rightfully filtered for this reason.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2017

Nope, just seen there were updates to this after I clicked on a "related question" on another thread.  Nothing.

Spam filters are definitely not the problem here.  I can turn them off on the server (let alone client).  Which is "interesting", as I do get spammed, but nothing from here.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events