A hundred and TEN THOUSAND percent

That's what you can expect from @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, who recently earned the 10,000th Accepted Solutions badge on Community!

nicbrough.jpeg

If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve seen Nic’s name pop up all over Community. His name precedes him not just amongst Community members but with Atlassian and Solution Partners alike. We’re all in awe of his tremendous contributions and unsurprisingly, when we’ve asked him how he does it, he always affirms his primary motivation is to help other users. There aren't enough words to express what an incredible feat this is but this post will certainly try. Join us in celebrating the incomparable Nic, as we highlight his most stellar moments & accomplishments!

tenor (3).gif

Nic is the first person EVER to reach the 10,000 accepted solutions milestone, including Atlassians!

medals.gif

Nic has been a Community Leader for over four years, though he's been helping fellow users with questions long before that. Check out these awesome stats:

• He has signed onto Community over 13,000 times

• He's earned over 75 badges
  • He has the most received likes on Community, with over 19,000 of them

• He’s submitted 16,798 answers and has made over 70,000 posts on Community!

bill nye (1).gif

An ode to Nic by @Darline Auguste : There’s so much I can say about Nic but what has always stood out to me is how down-to-earth and humble he is. Despite his superhuman achievements, he isn’t someone that clamors for the spotlight and goes out of his way to redirect any attention you give him to others. That's what makes Nic so special: he is inspirational, thoughtful, self-reflective and he is incredibly giving. His altruistic commitment to fellow users is aspirational and I know I can count on him to be honest and constructive when giving and receiving feedback. There's a good chance he'll hate the attention he gets from this post, but we can’t sing his praises enough. Nic Brough: you are phenomenal and you push us to be better; we’re incredibly thankful that you choose to engage in our community.

"I’ll always remember my first week as a member of the Atlassian Community team, where I was dealing with an avalanche of information about new processes, hopes, and dreams, but my most important directive from my manager was: “Talk to Nic Brough.” And from my very first conversation, I learned that this was a human who cared a great deal about the Community and was heavily invested in its future success. Like Darline said, humble is his middle name, and despite his vast knowledge, he is quick to share the love and is always open to scheming about how to do things differently. He also has a phenomenal sense of humor and is the type of leader/Leader that everyone can look up to. Cheers to you, Nic! 🎉" - @Erica Moss 

“Nic has played an invaluable role in shaping our community for many, many years – since the days of Atlassian Answers and beyond. He is famous among the halls of Atlassian offices and is such a legend in our community. On a more personal note, I have a fear of public speaking, and any time I’ve gone on stage at Community Leader workshops, I always look for Nic in the audience to soothe my nerves. I deeply appreciate his calm, steady, and thoughtful demeanor, and how much he cares about our team, the rest of the Community Leaders, and our community at large. We are lucky ducks to have Nic Brough in our lives!” - @Stephanie Grice 

gaga.gif

We could sing Nic’s praises for the next 10,000 years, but nothing beats what his peers have to say:

“It takes a special someone to contribute to the level that Nic has. I've seen him take punches from tough online customers, yet he keeps on coming. Nic's brand of engagement comes from a place of deep product knowledge and experience PLUS he brings his own friendliness to the game. And I love that Nic loves cats.  ” - @Dave Liao 

“Nic should run courses on how to participate maximally in communities. It’s more than just spending hours each day. It takes an attitude. There are some people whose families should get the participation medal as well. If ever “going beyond” was seen in a job, it’s Nic. Nic has always been different. The Atlassian community apps have changed over the years, but Nic has always stood out as the most helpful person. My only problem with Nic Brough is that he won’t spell color correctly. I also suspect him of drinking beer at the wrong temperature. Get with it, Nic!” - @Matt Doar 

“Like most new users to Community, Nic was probably the first person I encountered who answered my question. He is at least the first one, I really remember. The more answers I saw, the more I respected his opinion and expertise. Never seeming to be at a loss for words, Nic is oftentimes very direct as well, cutting to the heart of the matter with great precision. To be honest, he was the person I was most looking forward to meeting in person at the Summit that was canceled. Holding out hope for one day. Cheers, Nic!! And here’s to the next 10,000!!!” - @John Funk 

“I’ve always found Nic’s answers to cut straight to the issue with radical candor.  This style is sometimes more direct than the person posting the question was expecting and sometimes they may feel a little hurt but one sees over time that this comes from a passion for excellence and wanting the best for every user and their organization.” - @LarryBrock 

“Back in 2016, I began using Atlassian Answers to help me with learning how to administer Jira and solve some of my head-scratchers. It didn’t take long before I started tripping over Nic’s answers. He was everywhere it seemed and I always looked forward to seeing what he had to say. Whether it was my question or someone else’s I always learned something from his posts. It makes me think of a commercial in the late 70’s-early ’80s for EF Hutton with the saying 'When EF Hutton talks, people listen.' Nic presents that same level of trust with his answers. Nic’s unwavering commitment to the community and helping others is one of the key reasons I contribute my time here. I enjoy contributing to a community where others are also willing to commit to helping others. Cheers to Nic and the next 10k!” - @Jack Brickey 

Such a hard-earned milestone, congrats Nic! Let’s share our love in the comments.

the office.gif

29 comments

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

Congratulation @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-.

Geat achievement.

many more to come.

Like Darline Auguste likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

To 10,000 accepted solutions, and 10,000 more!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Best article ever - Congrats, Nic!

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Nothing more to add - your commitment to the community is just overwhelming.

Congrats @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Cheers Nic! Wonderful achievement. yellow-staryellow-staryellow-staryellow-staryellow-star

Like # people like this
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Simply the best !!!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Nic - a legend, a friend, and an amazing human being!

Congrats @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 💙

JiraJared
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

You bloody beauty @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

👏🏼 🥳 

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Congratulations!

giphy

SGD
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2021

LEGEND. Congratulations, Nic!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Good one!

Laura
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 5, 2021

Thanks for everything you do for the Atlassian Community Nic!! You are the beating heart that makes this community so special 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

LOVE IT!!! You're the best Nic. 

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Stunning achievement @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- !!!  Thank you for all the selfless assistance you've given so many, me included, over the years.

Well Done Reaction GIF by Aardman Animations

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I don't even know where to begin with this!  Congratulations!  You truly are the inspiration of the community!

Like # people like this
michael.kimathi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Congratulations, the world is blessed to have you. 

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_  You are the BEST !  Congratulations 👍

Leslie Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-- joining the comment party late, but have always been an OG fan and admirer! Nic, you're a true Atlassian treasure: humble, committed, helpful, kind and giving of yourself and your knowledge to this community. Thank you for being you, Nic!

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

Congrats @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , your name was the first thing I remember on the community when I started to work with Atlassian tools few years ago...now I know why :D

Like Curt Holley likes this
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2021

Nic, you've answered more than a few questions for me - directly and indirectly, and I can't thank you enough for all you've done.

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2021

Nic is a Community Superhero!!! 🦸‍♂️🤩

Congratulations!

Like Curt Holley likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

Such a massive achievement @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

It's something we can all just aspire to reach one day (but I guess by then you'll have set a new standard ;-) 50k anyone?)

Getting feedback or a shoutout from you from time to time on a question almost seems like a teacher patting you on the back and giving you a gold star. 

Again, amazing work and it really shows your character to be devoting so much of your free time to a program like this. Congratulations!

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2021

You are hero @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- !

Congrats! Thanks for your hard work!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2021

Congrats @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for the great achievement! Well deserved!

Isha August 23, 2021

Congrats @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-! You truly are a star among stars! Cheers for hitting this impressive milestone! We're so proud of you and all that you do to make our Community such a special place! 🎉 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events