Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate velocity chart automatically

Ramiz Ballou January 23, 2023

Can anyone help me: determine if:

• Automation with trigger for completing a sprint would generate Velocity chart?
  • you can help me with - i looked arount but were not successful

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ilan Axelrod June 5, 2023

Hi @Ramiz Ballou 

Our company has the solution.

We developed a very similar solution for one of our customers and by now several companies are using our solution and the feedback is excellent.
I would gladly provide you with more information if you need it.
Ilan@formrally.com

Thanks,
Ilan

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

What do you mean by "generate a velocity chart"? 

You don't need to complete a sprint to see the velocity charts - they're dynamic (generated when you look at one) and always available.  

Ramiz Ballou January 25, 2023
  • I know that i can generate velocity chart anytime, however, i like to generate the velocity chart automatically upon completing the sprint and send it to mgmt for KPI measure and team planning. it will be great if i can attach it to email and send it to designated staff (email address)
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2023

Ah, I see, it's about reporting.

My instinct is to type a lecture on what Velocity is for, but I think it would be very boring, and certainly not help you.  The end point of it is "why don't you just let your managers look directly at the reports?"

Jira does not have a way to export Velocity reports (or any others).  It expects people who need to see a report to be able to log in and see them.  Dynamically as well - it's bad at historical reporting but does a lot of good "current state" stuff.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events