New special "non billable policy" with SAML available for Jira Service Management customers

Luis November 4, 2021

Use case:

a company has 20.000 employees, 500 of them with Jira license ( IT: JSM agents or JSW users ). The company request SAML for everybody that use the IT JSM Customer Portal being an employee.

Nowaydays I understand that this implies to put the 20.000 employees provisioned from the user directory into a billable policy right?

This case applies too to Cloud migrations from Datacenter where the customers can authenticate against an external user directory.

Any ideas?

3 comments

Comment

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi Luis,

As far as i know, atlassian access is only billed for users with a product license.

So that would mean that even though they are in a billable policy, only the JSM and JSW users are billed.

Here is stated that customer portal users are non billable: https://support.atlassian.com/subscriptions-and-billing/docs/manage-your-bill-for-atlassian-access/

Hope this helps,

Laurens

Like # people like this
[Inetum] November 4, 2021

Hi Laurens,

many thanks, I wanted to be sure of this.

Best regards 

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro November 24, 2021

Excellent, thanks for sharing!! 

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2021

Thanks for sharing this information and details!!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events