Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Data Center LTS and platform releases are a-coming 🚞

Howdy, Enterprise Community! πŸ‘‹

Three quick things:

1. I'm thrilled to be posting a non-CVE post. πŸ™πŸ”’
  2. It's Friday - TGIF! πŸŽ‰
  3. If you're using Data Center products, there's a lot that has shipped, and are coming soon. Read more in Mel's quarterly Data Center post.

Don't feel like reading? Here were my takeaways from Mel's post:

• Jira 9 is out - and Jira 9.4 (an LTS - a Long Term Support release!) will drop by EOY (End of Year, if you're into TLAs... Three Letter Acronyms.).
  • Jira Service Management 5.0 is out! JSM 5.4 (also an LTS) is coming by EOY also.
  • Confluence 8.0 is coming.
  • Bamboo 9.0 is coming.

The above releases continue Atlassian's trend towards crushing bugs, increasing stability, and reducing technical debt. If we're lucky (like really really lucky) hopefully a user-facing feature is released? For sure, the DC development teams have been working to improve performance and accessibility of the above products.

Be well, and enjoy your weekend.

- Dave, one of your friendly neighborhood Enterprise group leaders

7 comments

Comment

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2022

Time to start testing Jira 9! 

Like β€’ Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

@Craig Castle-Mead - right?

Jira 9.2 actually dropped last week!

Like β€’ Craig Castle-Mead likes this
Carmen Bullock September 27, 2022

Hello Dave

I am an Jira Admin and I would like to know if you have a more definitive date for the release of 9.4? I need to do some testing because I am currently using 8.13. I can't test on the other 9 versions because they are  not compatible with my current add-ons.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2022

Any update on the LTS release date?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2022

@Dave Mathijs @Carmen Bullock - I don't work for Atlassian (I wish!) but Jira 9.4 LTS was released on the 15th!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-release-notes-776821069.html

Like β€’ Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2022

Thanks @Dave Liao , I missed that post.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2022

And worth mentioning, Confluence 8 came out this month! https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-8-0-release-notes-1127254402.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events