Bring data to the forefront of your decisions

Hey, Enterprise community!

I’m @Jacob Shepard a Sr. Product Marketing Manager on Atlassian’s enterprise team and I’m also joined by @Rob Saunders, Enterprise Product Manager, and @Luke Hedge Sr. Data Analyst. As many of you might know we have released a powerful feature for Atlassian Data Center products called data pipeline. Data pipeline enables you to jump on and ride the data wave, turning the data in your Atlassian instance(s) into actionable insight, trends, and competitive differentiation (think… improving investment allocation and predictability).

To attain this data, you can easily configure your Data Center instance(s) to create a snapshot of your system on a regular basis for ingestion into your organization's data and reporting infrastructure, or simply use the files as is directly in Tableau and PowerBI.

If you are leveraging Jira Software, we have additional added benefits including pre-built DevOps reporting templates for Tableau and PowerBI to help you quickly and easily turn your insights into action. 

data-pipeline-devops-dashboard-tableau-notannotated.png

To learn more about the data pipeline feature and our DevOps templates make sure to read our release blog.

We’d love to hear any questions, what you are excited about, or any wins if you have begun using the feature. Let us know below in the comments!

8 comments

Comment

Divya TV September 2, 2021

Which version of Jira datacenter does this functionality come with?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

@Divya TV - I know it's in at least Jira DC 8.15.

Like Divya TV likes this
Jacob Shepard
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2021

Hi @Divya TV it was originally made available in Jira Software 8.14 to access the data while the premade templates for PowerBI and Tableau will display data exported from 8.18 onwards.

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Jacob Shepard
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2021

Hey @Fabian Lim of course. Let us know if you have any questions or what you are excited to leverage the feature for. Cheers!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Rob Saunders
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2021

The latest version of our Data Pipeline feature just shipped in late August with a scheduling UI in Jira 8.19 and Bitbucket 7.16, and will ship soon in Confluence 7.14.

We'd love to hear your feedback about the feature generally and how you're using it, so feel free to reach out directly if you have thoughts

Like # people like this
Divya TV October 6, 2021

@Jacob Shepard Is this feature made available on 8.14 through REST APIs? I checked the rest api documentation and didn't find anything that would hint towards this feature. I would like to build a python app to pull the data instead of Tableau. From the Jira administration console, there is no place I could get any hints either. I upgraded my pre-production instance to 8.14.1, where do get access to this functionality. Sorry, if I missed your documentation.

Like Hakeem Olasupo likes this
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
October 6, 2021

Hi @Divya TV

The Data Pipeline features were released over a number of Jira releases. You're correct that in Jira 8.14, all functionality is provided via the REST API, and there are also some differences in what is exported, so the best option is to refer to the documentation for your version of Jira. 

Jira 8.14: Data Pipeline for Jira

Jira 8.15: Data Pipeline

Jira 8.16: Data Pipeline

Jira 8.17: Data Pipeline

Because it's a cross-product feature, I’ve not been able to make the REST API docs available with the usual Jira REST docs. They can be found here https://developer.atlassian.com/server/data-pipeline/.  These REST docs represent the latest version of the Data Pipeline, so some endpoints might not be available in earlier versions (such as scheduling). 

Sorry for the confusion, I know finding older versions of docs can be a bit difficult in our documentation site. 

Rachel 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events