Which Confluence add-ons are you using (for Atlassian Cloud offering)?

Addy_Free February 2, 2018

If you are on Atlassian's cloud offering of Confluence, what add-ons are you using and why?

We are a small liberal arts college and implementing for just one office at this time. The plan is to build out an internal knowledge base.

1 comment

Comment

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2018

I think that's a very hard question to answer. I don't think you'll just installed any random addon. You should find a need that Confluence cannot do and then look for an add on to help.

Having said that, for an internal KB, just using Confluence itself is fine. Key concepts to apply:

• Use the KB and Troubleshooting blueprint template
  • Use labels wisely
  • Create a front page for the space showing all labels
  • In the front page, include a search macro specifically targeting that space
Addy_Free February 2, 2018

Thanks, those bullet concepts were great. We are working on all of those points already as central concepts to maintain organization.

We certainly don't want to install just any random add-on. The purpose of the question was discovery; we don't know what we don't know. So often, initial configuration and accessibility of certain tools or functionality will influence the long-term successful of a project like this. Though I've decided, for instance, that we need an approval structure and started to look for add-ons that make sense for that need, it underscores that there are things I'm unaware of that we may need that aren't a part of the core product.

So, if you have add-ons you've used in the hosted solution, I'd be glad to hear you go "fan boy" on it. Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events