Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA reporting - Planned start date Vs Actual start date

Jon Norton December 13, 2021

Hi,

I am currently looking at creating some reports for the Tribe to review progress in our Obeya sessions. We have just gone through our first Big Room Planning event, and have a good idea of the Epics we want to deliver in 22Q1, and when we hope to deliver them/ how long they should take to deliver.

We have used JIRA advanced roadmaps to give some aspirational dates for when we would like to start and deliver each epic, I just wondered whether there was any reporting functionality that I could use to give us a view for any of our epics that we either start late or have not started yet vs. our plan.

Are there any charts/reports/filters i can create to view when the Epic ticket moves to 'In Progress' Vs the planned start date we have put on the ticket?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Jon Norton 

This is Martins from eazyBI support team.

I believe you can create such report using eazyBI

First, you would need to select and import your epic-level date picker custom field as measures and properties.

https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira#JiraIssuesImport-JiraCustomFields

You could select the "Issue" dimension at the issue level in report rows and measure "Issues with Planned start date" and "Issue Planned start date" in columns.

Additionally, you could create one new calculated measure (with Month Day Year format) to find the first day when Epic was sent to "In Progress"

You can use this formula for the calculated measure:

(
[Measures].[Transition to status first date],
[Transition Status].[In Progress],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
)

Finally, select the "Issue type" dimension as a page filter and pick "Epics" in the dropdown.

There are some conditional cell formatting features that you can later use to change background/color and show the big gaps between both dates.

https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/conditional-cell-formatting

And you can also filter the report rows by the column "Issues with Planned start date" and then it is safe to unselect the measure from the report.

Now, when you add the "Time" dimension as page filter, report would show you epics where planned start date falls in the selected Time period - because of the previous filter (in the previous sentence)

Martins / eazyBI

epics with first in progress dates.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events