Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation on DevOps (RELEASE fields)?

Yvonne Smith June 8, 2020

Hi there,

We've integrated with Azure DevOps/Github. We can now see all the development info on our tickets in a Development section and a RELEASE section. 

My question is this ... Is it possible to create ticket automation based on this development information. For example, I want to change the status of the ticket from X to Y once the RELEASE changes to Testing or Ready for Release.

I'm reading through all the info in the community, but I cannot find info on this topic.

Thanks,

Yvonne

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shilpa Airi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2020

Hi @Yvonne Smith 

We already support Git triggers (branch, commit, pull requests etc.),and are working on supporting triggers for development information under the RELEASES section. 

Thanks,

Shilpa. 

Yvonne Smith June 11, 2020

Thanks @Shilpa Airi 

I'm looking forward to it!  Do you have this on your roadmap, or is there a ticket for it that I can follow?

Mo Beigi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2020

Hi @Yvonne Smith ,

This functionality is right around the corner! There should be an official announcement soon.

Regards,
Mo

Like Yvonne Smith likes this
Yvonne Smith July 17, 2020

@Mo Beigi , thanks! I'm looking forward to it ... 

Like Mo Beigi likes this
Madhu Narne December 17, 2020

Is this available now?

Like Mo Beigi likes this
Mo Beigi
Atlassian Team
December 17, 2020

Hey @Madhu Narne ,

This functionality should be available now via deployment triggers.

Have a read here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/New-Build-and-Deploy-triggers-for-Jira-automation/ba-p/1442789

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events