Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine different versions of Application and Firmware Software during continuous deployment

In my company we have complex software product (combination of firmware software and application software) which we require to deploy continuously to our customer site(System/hardware).

Before deploying we need to match suitable version of firmware software with suitable version of application software.

Right now, we are doing it manually using a matching table.

Consider that we have 100 versions of firmware software and similarly 100 versions of application software and we need to pick  suitable versions of firmware and application software on the basis of requirement of customer (which changes frequently) and deployit on his system automatically. 

Can you please inform me how can I achieve it automatically? Is there any tool available for it. or how can I achieve it more efficiently.

Kindly inform me if you need any other information.

Thanks a lot !!

1 comment

David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @saurabh jain

What tool are you using for your deployments? Jenkins?
Are you already using a Test Environment Management tool in Jira, like Golive Environment Hub?

With Golive, you will be able to track all your deployments centrally, whether they are deployed with Jenkins (with the open-source Shared Lib) or any other deployment tool (Team City, Octopus Deploy, etc.)

There is also an automation module that can be used to trigger deployments.
Let me know if you would like to explore further and we can schedule a call.

Have a nice day,

David

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events