healthyTarget in clover

Gaurav Sharma July 14, 2020

Hi Team,

could you please let me know what is the use of healthyTarget, unhealthyTarget and failingTarget in clover report. How does this impact graphical presentation of code coverage ?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Roger Barnes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2020

Hi Gaurav, 

I'm not an expert on this, but it appears these define the thresholds for what you'd deem healthy, unhealthy and failing from a coverage point of view. For example you might say a 50% method coverage is failing, 70% is unhealthy, and 80% is healthy.

Some more clues can be found here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37454187/how-to-specify-clover-coveragetarget-metrics-in-jenkins-pipeline

Gaurav Sharma July 15, 2020

yes that is true but I was wondering how these thresholds are impacting clover report as I don't see like healthy or unhealthy notification in my test coverage report. So what is the significance then ? I mean if I put 60% instead of 70% for healthy threshold, how my report is going to be impacted ?

Roger Barnes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2020

That's a good question, and one where I'd definitely be guessing. Perhaps it sends back an overall flag of the health of the coverage in the report corresponding with the targets, or sets an exit code.

Like Gaurav Sharma likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events