Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Managed Custom Filters

darren.johnson March 16, 2022

Hi,

Need some help, can't get this to work?

project = DGOB AND "RAG Status[Dropdown]" = RED

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2022

That looks like a perfectly valid filter to me.

Could you explain what is not working with it?

darren.johnson March 21, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Looking to filter EPICS that have a RED Rag staus, but nothing returns when I select the filter.

RED RAG.pngCustom Filter.png

darren.johnson March 21, 2022

I have even tried this and still does not work yet when I do this on advance issue search it works.

project = DGOB AND issuetype = Epic AND "RAG Status[Dropdown]" = RED ORDER BY created DESC

Custom Filter with Epic.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

This suggests that you don't have any Epics with the RAG Status set to RED in that project.  Can you get a list out and show if any of them do?

darren.johnson March 22, 2022

Hi,
There is projects with a RED rag status, that is one of the first things I checked, when I use advance search this filter works yet when applied to quick filters it does not work.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Ah, sorry, I didn't look closely at the screenshot and didn't realise it was a quick filter.

With the quick filter NOT applied, do you see the Epics with the RED status on the board?

Sorry it's a custom filter the team managed projects new version of quick filters, yes if I go into advanced issue search, click EPIC then RAG Status = Red it returns 4 epics that are at a RED status but when I take this Jira Query language & apply it to a custom filter it does not work.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 123006.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

But do you have any Epics on the board with the field set to RED?

Yes

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Ok, so if you (temporarily) set up a quick filter for just ""RAG Status[Dropdown]" = RED", and apply that to the board, what happens?

Screenshot 2022-03-22 125121..pngScreenshot 2022-03-22 125249...png

It returns nothing

Screenshot 2022-03-22 125457....png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Could you show us the board with the filter disabled?

Also, just a minor oddity - I've seen filters fail when quoted - could you try the same filter but without the outermost quotes?

"RAG Status[Dropdown]" = RED

instead of

""RAG Status[Dropdown]" = RED"

I have tried "RAG Status[Dropdown]" = RED & unfortunately that does not work, sorry not able to take a screen shot of the board due to the sensitive nature of it's contents.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Ok, but I'm afraid I'm stuck without a screenshot, I can't confirm what might be happening.

Does this help I have blanked out the project names.Screenshot 2022-03-22 201631.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Yes, thanks, that helps with another couple of things.

Could we see the DGOB-546 in the full issue view?  Again, please do cover all the plain text fields and others that might be sensitive and not relevant to this problem.

Also, could you try the quick filter again, but switch the board to no swimlanes (again, temporarily)?

Here you go, how do I switch off swim lanes please ?
Screenshot 2022-03-22 203421.png

Just to confirm we are using team managed jira, I have turned of the the Group By which is what your referencing I think re swim lanes & have re tried the custom filter and still no change I am afraid.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events