Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use JIRA more effectively during SPRINT execution

Shirish Kamble August 6, 2021

I have few queries on how to use JIRA more effectively.

Problem statement:

1. During couple of SPRINT execution we observed more bugs are getting generated ( because of changes deployed earlier and in regression testing they were not captured).

So how to track these  bugs in JIRA which are not part of current sprint.

a. Creating new sprint something like "Future Sprint" and store these bugs in this sprint.

b. Don't create any new sprint but add some label in the bugs like "Issues To Be Resolved  in Future Sprint". 

c.???

d.???

1 comment

Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2021

HI @Shirish Kamble 

I have had some experiences similar to what you've described, and while playing the Scrum Master role in the past and the team adopted the following:

• Only bugs classified as blockers by the Product Owner would be added to the sprint backlog of the current Sprint.
  • All other bugs would be added to the product backlog and discussed with the team and PO to prioritize future sprints based on the criteria adopted to prioritize all items in the backlog during Sprint planning.

I understand this sounds challenging to implement because there is always pressure to focus on the roadmap and stories that add value to the product.

But getting the PO's buy-in and prioritizing the product backlog based on the value of each Bug/Story is achievable and will let the team focus on the commitment of the current sprint. Some bugs can sit in the backlog without preventing the product from being used.

hope it helps. If this answer helps solve the problem, please come back and mark this answer as solved to help other community members with the same challenge. If not, you are welcome to share your solution as well.

Cheers,

Alex

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events