cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence cluster issue

jameers January 2, 2018

Hi,

Thanks in advance

we hosted our confluence data center in aws. we followed all installation steps which mentioned https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf65/installing-confluence-data-center-939701973.html but when we start the node-1 it is coming up. but node2 throwing error(

HTTP Status 500 - com.atlassian.vcache.ExternalCacheException: Failed due to UNCLASSIFIED_FAILURE

when we restart node2 it is coming up and node1 throwing same error as above. Is there any modifications required in configuration files?

our infra:

ELB

2 EC2 instances

RDS-postgreSQL

EFS- nfs enable(shared home)

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2018

What happens if you restart the Confluence app on node 2? Occasionally, I've seen odd cases like this where the app starts up slowly and certain required components of the app timeout. This leads to a domino effect of other things not starting and odd errors.  If it is still behaving strangely after an app bounce, shut the app down and delete the Confluence application log and restart. This way you're starting with a clean log.  Post up the first few errors in the log and I think we should be able to help you sort this out.

jameers January 7, 2018

Issue with both instances are not communicating each other due to network(telnet not happen). Now issue got resolved.

Thank you.

jameers January 14, 2018

@Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]

Please help this

when i login into the application with admin credentials , it is getting login and immediately getting logout.

No errors thrown in the atlassian-confluence.log. The following warning flashes quickly and user is redirected to the login page

confluence login error.JPG

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2018

Sounds like you have issues with your load balancer configuration. If I were a betting man, I would say your load balancer is probably not session sticky. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events