cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do all Objects get removed by IQL filter when Importing from other Schema

David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2021

I am running an import in insight from one Schema to another as part of a re-design / re-structure.

The old schema object type has a Select type attribute, cardinality is set to unlimited.

I am wanting to filter on this attribute to return only the records that have an entry of 'Managed'

When setting up the Object Type Mapping, I populate the 'Filter data source by IQL' with:

Services LIKE "Managed"

When I synchronise the mapping, there are 749 entries in the source, but 749 entries are removed by the IQL filter.

Running the same IQL filter directly in Insight returns the expected 69 records. 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

Insight Import's Filter Objects by IQL feature struggles with IQL filters that have attributes that reference IQL objects, and I guess, based on the "Unknown Values" configuration, may struggle with Select fields too.

I recommend creating a plain text attribute, mapping to that as well, and pointing the IQL filter to that plain text attribute. Just drop this attribute when the import is done.

Tom Martin June 29, 2021

If thats the case I would suggest this is a bug with the software, if the IQL works in the search context but not in the Filter of the object mapping /Import then it sounds like Insight (no atlassian) need to pick this up 

Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2021

Yes, it's a bug. Please raise it with Atlassian, they can only work to fix it if they know about it. Make sure to provide steps to replicate the bug: I suggest confirming the bug in a separate Object Schema with two object types and providing Atlassian with the schema JSON and the import CSV file that replicates the bug.

As a workaround, this temporary text attribute will let you complete the import.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events