Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I delete jira users

liyahui November 26, 2020

After I tested the Data Center for Jira, I found that when I click delete a user, it was not deleted, but became an inactive user. Why?

And, I have deleted all the projects, so there will be no user-related issue.

If anyone sees it,please tell me.

Thanks

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2020

Hi liyahui,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Could you please describe the steps you took to delete the user?

If you want you also can attach screenshots.

Under the assumption you are not using external user management the steps should be as follows:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/create-edit-or-remove-a-user-938847025.html

Cheers,
Daniel

liyahui December 1, 2020

Hi,Thank you for your reply.  

The steps:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

liyahui December 1, 2020

Why can't I just delete it?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

In general it is good practise to just disable the user. This will stop the user to consume a license - most times not more is required.

For the deletion there is some probability the user is still referenced somewhere even if it is not so obvious.

There are some steps you could go through (please see this article in Community) but as stated earlier probably it is not worth the effort.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events