It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Updated display name of a user is not shown on all nodes Edited

After the display name of an user has been updated (delegated LDAP authentication) the updated name is only displayed correctly on 2 of 4 nodes.

On the database in table cwd_users the display name is the updated one - that's fine.

It seems as if the display name is saved in a local cache on each node. 

How to fix that? Restarting the node did not solve the issue.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Juergen Hellwig 

I suggest checking the healt check tools page for the affected nodes if there any problems with the replication there. 

HI @Adrian_Stephen 

when I detected the inconsistency, then first thing I did was running"Troubleshooting and support tools". They run fine, no errors or warnings are shown.

Anything else I can do?

Restarting the entire cluster - stop all nodes and then start node by node again - solved the issue.

Why do I have to restart the entire cluster?

It's a datacenter version I'm running and we implement that to have zero downtime :-(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Data Center

AMA: How to plan ahead for Data Center - Expert advice from an Atlassian panel

This AMA is now closed Hi! I'm Jacob Shepard a Product Marketing Manager on Atlassian’s Enterprise Team. We know that moving to Data Center is no small task. To do so effectively demands extensive ...

10,564 views 47 36
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you