Uninstall Team Calendars and Analytics for Confluence

vitanetworks April 13, 2021

How do I uninstall Team Calendars and Analytics for Confluence for good? They keep reappearing after uninstalling them,

Thanks.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hi @vitanetworks 

This is now a part of Data Center, not sure if you can simply remove it. But overall is there any reason why you want to remove it? You do not have to pay anything probably for having it.. so why not simply keeping it?

vitanetworks April 13, 2021

Oh sorry! I didn't realize I was in Datacenter, since they're grouped together in other areas I assumed this was the same.

I have Confluence Server in which these things aren't included, or even for sale, therefore function only ads for cloud and/or as a reminder Atlassian could care less about its low volume customers. But to your point, even if they were included; (1) I don't like collecting stats/analytics/visitor information because people generally don't like it and we have Exchange for Calendar and other stuff which isn't much either. (2) It's (usually) best practice to get rid of unneeded stuff to minimize attack vectors.

Personally I haven't had issues but because of [1] and because I've read of known exploits targeting Confluence now that Atlassian abandoned its users we have to be a little more on top of it if or while we migrate to something else or wait chaos. :/

Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

Hi @vitanetworks  ,

The best approach is for you to "disable" Team Calendars and Analytics for Confluence in the "Manage Apps" admin screen. This disabled state is functionally equivalent to uninstalling the app, however the app will remain disabled when you upgrade Confluence (instead of being re-installed). 

Regards,
Alex K (Developer at Atlassian)

vitanetworks April 18, 2021

Thanks, that I hadn't tried. I'll test it out but might not even need it at all. I just discovered in the recent migration from Windows Server to RHEL that caches are sticky, since the old server was never disposed of it'll be just brought back online and trash the the new ones (it was also split in two).

On second thought it should still come in handy to know this difference later after updating. :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events