Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an invalid cluster message to invalidate user

Matthew Harkins April 5, 2017

We upgraded from JIRA Software 7.1.1 to JIRA DataCenter 7.3.3 and now every so often we see an odd message in the logs.  I have not been able to track it down.  It seems to happen right around the time we are synchronizing with Active Directory.  

Has anyone else seen an error message like this in JIRA and if so, how did you resolve it?

ClusterMessageHandlerServiceThread:thread-1 ERROR [c.a.j.c.embedded.ofbiz.IndexedUserDao] Received an invalid cluster message to invalidate user:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:601)
at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:631)
at com.atlassian.jira.crowd.embedded.ofbiz.IndexedUserDao$InvalidationClusterMessageConsumer.receive(IndexedUserDao.java:471)
at com.atlassian.jira.cluster.OfBizMessageHandlerService.sendLocalFromNode(OfBizMessageHandlerService.java:210)
at com.atlassian.jira.cluster.OfBizMessageHandlerService.handleReceivedMessages(OfBizMessageHandlerService.java:130)
at com.atlassian.jira.cluster.OfBizMessageHandlerService.access$000(OfBizMessageHandlerService.java:32)
at com.atlassian.jira.cluster.OfBizMessageHandlerService$1.run(OfBizMessageHandlerService.java:54)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
invinci September 29, 2017

We have the same issue and I would like to ask if you have got any kind of resolution from the Atlassian support team? 

Please let me know how you have resolved this issue.

Thank You!

Matthew Harkins September 29, 2017

The case went stale because of priorities.  We were not able to tie the error message to any user issue and it dropped like a rock to the bottom of my queue. I still see this issue after upgrading to Jira 7.4.2  When things calm down after I finish my current project load, I may be able to send Atlassian a scrubbed copy of our database for review.

My guess is that it is caused by 1 or more of the following:

1. multiple domains being synched
  2. multiple domain controllers for each domain
  3. being configured to hit the domain xyz.com instead of the Atlassian recommended FQDN of a single domain controller (because who needs redundancy?)
  4. multiple Jira directories synching the 
  5. a misbehaving domain controller

Are any of the items similar in your environment?

Mendus Chelapurath January 30, 2018

I am getting the same error. I guess it is due to user account conflicts. I had a local user with same email ID as my external user directory. But can't figure out to clear this error.

Tried few things by updating email address and name etc. But no luck

Christian Lund June 15, 2018

We are also getting the same error.

Naivelt irena March 22, 2020

We have the same error for Jira 8.5.3

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2017

I understand you are working with the JIRA support team to resolve this on https://getsupport.atlassian.com. I look forward to hearing the result of the investigation.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events