Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PostgreSQL - Connection refused error

Minel Aydın October 13, 2020

I am creating a project using Spring Boot in IntelliJ Idea. I use windows OS. I want to use PostgreSQL as a database for my project.But I get an error that"Connection refused check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections"

1. For postgreSQL integration into my project, I updated my "application.properties" file as shown below:

2.Then I created a file named data.sql and created my issue table in it:

3. My database properties:

4. My postgresql.conf file:

5. My hba.conf file:

6. The error that I get:

Can you please help me to fix this issue ?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2020

Hi Minel,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Although I am not absolutetly sure if your question is about Jira in particular the error message suggest the database is not accepting connections.

This could be due to a non-running service (the database is then just not accepting any connections) or a firewall is preventing communication. As you suggest everything is running on your machine (localhost) it should be possible for you to determine.
Probably you could outline a bit in detail the setup, please? It is more likely that somebody from community is then able to help.

Cheers,
Daniel

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events