Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path is too long

NadiaJr October 3, 2020

I am trying to migrate windows server 2012 R2 to 2019 , an error appeared like "Path is too long " , how can I skip this ? I use Robocopy

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
KAdam October 5, 2020

As you see, a path of 260 characters would be REALLY long and unwieldy.

You have to shorten the pathname for every folder if you don't care about the structure of the files or bout if you care about the structure you can use any of the third-party software that can handle this issue.

This is a link to a similar problem posted here in this helpful community, I hope it will help 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Data-Center-questions/copy-ACLs-from-source-to-destination/qaq-p/1262636#M511

NadiaJr October 10, 2020

I need to copy all the structure as it!

The provided link checked, Also no way to shorten the path.

I see that the software gs richcopy 360 solved this problem, maybe I will give it a try!also a friend recommend me a tool called Long Path Tool , maybe I will give it a try too! 

NadiaJr October 24, 2020

I don't know how to thank you. I found all what I need in Gs RichCopy 360, the servers migration done without any problem. Thanks again KAdam

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2020

Not sure what this has to do with Atlassian stuff, but the answer is simple - change the path to one that is supported

NadiaJr October 10, 2020

I need the structure to be copied as it

0 votes
John Davis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 6, 2024

Have you tried using Long Path Tool?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events