Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Software Data Center integration with Confluence

Ankita Sharma October 25, 2018

We have installed On Premise Jira Software Data Center v 7.12.1. We connected it with Confluence Data Center through first node and it got successfully connected but when we see the Jira on second node is not connected to Confluence.

Do we have to connect Jira on second node to Confluence manually?

Likewise, every integration if we do through Application Links in Jira Software Data Center, we have to manually do it from both the Jira Nodes?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2018

Need more information about how you created this link.  When you setup the application link here, did you use the private address of the specific Jira node?  Or did you use the public address of the load balancer that is being used to distribute that data center traffic?   I would only expect you to create a single link between applications.

If you used the specific data center node address, I can see a potential problem here that I can go into further.   But using the public address of the load balancer is probably going to be the solution here.  The reason being that when you add the details of an application link to Jira, it stores that data in the database.  This one database is being used by all the nodes in that data center cluster.   This link though is usually reciprocal.   So while you might be able to technically create a link directly from one Jira data center node to a single confluence data center node, the other nodes in the cluster are not expected to have the same address, and in turn there won't be a reverse working link between all nodes.

Instead using the public addresses for both applications is what should be done here.  That way all the nodes in each cluster can make their requests through the load balancer/proxy, and your link will be maintained should a particular node go down.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events