Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira DataCenter in docker (multiple nodes)

Luka Čadež March 23, 2021

Hello,

I have a problem running Data Center in docker (with two nodes). I used the files from

https://github.com/codeclou/docker-atlassian-jira-data-center/tree/master/versions/8.13.4

and instead of their load balancer I used nginx and created my own LB/proxy.

When I go and run one node it works OK...I complete the setup enter the trial key and all is good. Except on the DB container i get errors in logs for example:

ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "cluster_lock_name_idx"
DETAIL:  Key (lock_name)=(com.atlassian.jira.cluster.zdu.DefaultClusterUpgradeStateManager.clusterUpg
radeState) already exists.

But even with those errors I can use jira (from what I've tested ofcourse).

Then when I run the second node it starts up normaly but then when I want to log in I enter the credentials and it just refreshes the screen (does not log me in).

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of setup? Any help would be appreciated.

Luka

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
jesse_j_borden_ctr April 23, 2021

Came here for a similar database error, but not what I was looking for. However, I had the issue you are talking about before. I had to enable the sticky sessions on the web server (in my case K8s ingress). For Nginx it is the affinity and affinity-mode setting. https://kubernetes.github.io/ingress-nginx/examples/affinity/cookie/

Luka Čadež May 7, 2021

Big thanks for that session persistence setting - now it works. Just have to sort out the db errors

2 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

+1 I am experiencing the same thing

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2022

I get the same, with the same version (8.13.x),  but seemingly not in a load balancer context. 

Any hints?

0 votes
Tommy van Extel May 11, 2021
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events