Enable SAML in Jira Datacenter Edited

I have Confluence Data Center, and setup was extremely easy for SAML on vesion 6.4.2.  I am now in the middle of upgrading Jira DC to 7.5.2, and do not find the option for SAML setup.  

Followed this article with no help as there is no SAML Authentication menu under System.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/saml-sso-for-jira-data-center-applications-861258328.html

What am i missing?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Brian,

• What add-on are you using for SAML?

I installed the SAML Single Sign On for JIRA. add on and did not see the option as described in the knowledge base either, however, if you go to Manage Add-ons you may see a Configuration option there such as in this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 12.31.38 PM.png

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Hey Brenden, 

I guess that is the problem, I did not purchase an add on from another vendor as the product in the link I listed mentioned that SAML is part of any Atlassian Data Center product. (that is they way I read it at least).  Is this not the case?

Howdy Brian,

You're correct about it being native to the latest version and it's present as a System Add-on:

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 1.02.45 PM.png

As of 7.3.x this should be native so I don't believe you need to purchase an add-on at this time. 

I had to install the newest version to verify but here's where I found the configuration:

> System > Security > SAML Authentication

Additionally you can use the "g+g" shortcut option and type in SAML and it will take you to the SAML Configuration page:

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 1.00.04 PM.png

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Wonderful, Thank you Branden!

No worries.  I hope that helped you get to the right location and I'll see if I can get our documentation updated as well. 

Thanks for bringing this up.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Fadoua M. Boualem
Published Monday in Trello

Using Trello to manage events

As a Jira power user, I was at first doubtful that Trello could benefit my workflow. Jira already uses boards (ones you can customize!), so why would I even need to use Trello?! In this post you will...

466 views 7 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you