Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Center on Google Cloud Platform

MEDITECH ADMIN TEAM November 12, 2020

I have been trying to setup Jira Data Center using the Google Cloud Platform but have run into some setup issues.

Specifically the issues are with mounting the Google Filestore on boot.

This is on Ubunutu 18.04

I have followed all the Google instructions on connecting to the filestore on a 2nd NIC.

We have NIC 1 as the (which is on the shared VPC for our entire organization) and the 2nd NIC is on the defaultVPC network

After many hours fighting to get the default route to the filestore on the 2nd NIC to remain after reboot, I am still having issues getting the NFS share to mount at boot.

Does anyone have any experience getting Jira Data Center up and running in GCP using Google's built in Load Balancer, Filestore, etc.?

Has anyone had success getting the Google Filestore to mount at boot?

Thanks in advance for any tips, tricks, or secrets you may have on this!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
MEDITECH ADMIN TEAM March 12, 2021

Seems that the mounting of the shared storage, when used with netplan, it takes about 2-3 minutes after boot for the system to mount the filestore thru fstab.  We had to mount the filestore with these on the fstab:

nfs auto,nofail,noatime,nolock,bg,intr,tcp,actimeo=1800 0 0

Then, so the application (jira, confluence or crowd), wouldn't start before the GCE mounted the filestore, we had to put a sleep 140 into the startup script for each application.

Not ideal, but it works.

Hope this helps someone.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events