cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Center incompatible version Alert

Sa Kan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

Hi Everyone,
I have developed a data center supported plugin and I have verified all testing from my end. This works perfect on JIRA 7.3.8 and earlier versions.

However when I install my plugin in 7.4.0 version and up, it show the "Incompatible" alert message on the Manage Addon page. I am wondering why it is complaining only for JIRA versions 7.4.0 and up.

Does anyone have any idea on this? 
It also displays below description.

"This add-on is not designed for Data Center versions of JIRA. Request an update from the vendor"

4 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sa Kan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017
0 votes
Answer accepted
Sa Kan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2017

Hi Steve/All,

Found some clue. It comes with the license you are using. I had used a evaluation license for this and when I am using server license plugin works fine but when I use data center license then I am getting the alert. 

So, I can survive with server license since there is no difference.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sa Kan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2017

Hi All, there is another thread running for the same and please refer to that from here onwards. Thanks!

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/DEVHELP-784

1 vote
steve
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2017

Hi there!

Does that error occur when you are attempting to manually install the plugin? Are you able to share with us your plugin name so we can confirm it on the marketplace?

Thanks.
Steve.

steve
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2017

On the Data Center compatibility warning, you can follow the instructions on this page: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/developing-apps-for-atlassian-data-center-products/#publishing-your-data-center-app-in-atlassian-marketplace 

It's important to add the tag:

<param name="atlassian-data-center-compatible">true</param>

To denote that your plugin intends on being Data Center compatible. 

Sa Kan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2017

Hi Steve,

I install my plugin manually through (UPM) UI. My plugin is a jar testing Jar file and not available in Market. I was wondering why JIRA 7.4.0 and up only giving me this alert...

steve
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2018

Sa, did you happen to switch your server license to a DC one? If so, your DC instance will give warnings about non-compatible server Apps.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events